I think DA is Getting Year 4 (1 Viewer)

Regardless of circumstances?
Regardless of circumstances. All teams go through trials and tribulations throughout the season. The teams that correctly (or triumphantly) navigate their way through the waters endure success. This isn’t Covid anymore. It’s put up or shut up time. Cant keep using excuses. He was hired to win, just as every other HC.

I'm basing this on the team's current optics. Hearing things like a soft rebuild, clean up the cap, retool, etc.
Unless things go completely sideways, I think he'll return in 2025. No hyperbole.
Always been the case, though I think He and Carr will figure things out and we'll make the playoffs. Allen is a good coach in this league, he was the #1 defensive playcaller in the league last year, there's value to that.

Make the playoffs and he'll establish himself as one of the better coaches in 2024.

The most upsetting thing is the Saints punted two years chasing Sean Payton's secret sauce without having either of the two guys who know the recipe to his secret sauce.

This is the reset that should have happened after Payton left the building.

DA's proven he can get the job done defensively. If he shows he can get the offense right this season, I'll support year four.

If he gets to the playoffs this year, and it isnt because of "soft" reasons... like convincingly makes it.. I say another year is warranted..

if not.. then he needs to go... post haste.

Always been the case, though I think He and Carr will figure things out and we'll make the playoffs. Allen is a good coach in this league, he was the #1 defensive playcaller in the league last year, there's value to that.

Make the playoffs and he'll establish himself as one of the better coaches in 2024.

They are going to have to do some serious work on the OL, including getting lucky with picks/signings, if DA is going to get to the playoffs next year. I was optimistic that he could get to 10 wins this year with the new offensive staff, but if Ram is out and they don't sign Peat, the OL looks like it could be worse this year than it was last year. I know Kubiak can do some scheme things to help, but you can only do so much to scheme around a lack of starting talent/experience at 3 OL positions.

They are going to have to do some serious work on the OL, including getting lucky with picks/signings, if DA is going to get to the playoffs next year. I was optimistic that he could get to 10 wins this year with the new offensive staff, but if Ram is out and they don't sign Peat, the OL looks like it could be worse this year than it was last year. I know Kubiak can do some scheme things to help, but you can only do so much to scheme around a lack of starting talent/experience at 3 OL positions.
I think Dennison will get a lot out of that unit. McCoy is still a top Center. Ruiz has potential for bounce back and lets not forget that Salidevri will be going into his 2nd year. There's a lot of young talented guys on the oline, it's not like that group is old. You land a young stud Tackle in the draft and suddenly the majority of the oline is under 27 years of age. It's not old and in shambles, just young and developing.

I 1000% disagree with this. Loomis, like anyone else, wants to win. Also despite what some people say he isn’t untouchable. He will get fired if the Saints aren’t successful. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, the simple fact is Loomis feels DA can win and be successful and that’s why he is still the coach. If Loomis believed DA couldn’t win or be successful he would fire him not keep him just so he didn’t have to “admit he was wrong”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom