I want Sam Darnold (3 Viewers)

I think he’s presuming that the Jets are going to get the 1st pick and take Lawrence.
I think they will, because a lot of teams make the same mistake of taking a QB early and thinking that will solve all of their problems even though they don't build a solid team to support him.

I think they will, because a lot of teams make the same mistake of taking a QB early and thinking that will solve all of their problems even though they don't build a solid team to support him.
Or they could simply trade down and take the best OT or defender available. Depends on how the new braintrust installed after Gase sees Darnold.

And in this instance I would probably agree with that move, not because I think it will fix all of their problems (I don’t even like Trevor that much anyways) or because counting on a QB to be the savior without building a support structure is a good thing, but because it resets the clock on the rookie contract time that the Jets wasted with Darnold because of keeping Adam Gase at head coach. If they keep Darnold now and are able to build a support structure and make him look competent next year, immediately they’ll have to tear the structure down (aside from the rookies they draft next year) to pay him.

Watch the throws he makes when he gets time and those he makes on the run. I’d offer a 2 and 4 for him and be willing to go to a 2 and future 2. He’s a franchise QB. He is accurate with time, has good arm, escapability, can see windows and is a humble leader. Remind you of any body?
I like him too but be patient the jets will be drafting Lawrence and probably release Darnold the next season.

If they end up with the top pick they will either trade Darnold or trade the pick for a kings ransom. I would trade Darnold cause Lawrence is a once in a lifetime prospect.

I like Darnold as a prospect and thought he was the best QB in that draft. He just got drafted by the worst possible team that is in total disarray. I don’t think the great Drew Brees would help that team win games. The whole team except Darnold hates the coach. The talent is horrendous especially at receiver. He has no weapons and Bell has been a total bust as their big running back acquisition.

If coach thinks he could be the future I’m all for it, but I’m leaning towards a trade up for Trey Lance out of North Dakota St. He’s got talent to go with the athleticism that seems to be the future of football from the QB position. I think I like him better than Justin Fields. It will cost a ton to get him though more than likely and one thing we know for sure is we don’t mind spending a ton of draft capital to go up and get the guy we want.

I would like to see us start Taysom at the beginning of next year and bring in Lance as soon as he struggles. If we can’t get Lance or Fields than Darnold or Jameis would be my possible backup options

Last edited:
No to Darnold. I completely understand that the Jets oline sucks but he doesn't have great field vision and is not consistently accurate....

Schefty says that NFL execs were surveyed this past week and they said the Jets would get similar compensation for Sam Darnold as what the Cardinals got for Josh Rosen. They got a 2nd & a 5th round pick for him. They don’t believe the Jets would get a first. I may make that trade if coach wants a young QB and we can’t get one of the top 3 in the draft. If we did that I wouldn’t mind keeping Drew for one more year if he’s down for it

Last edited:
Schefty says that NFL execs were surveyed this past week and they said the Jets would get similar compensation for Sam Darnold as what the Cardinals got for Josh Rosen. They got a 2nd & a 5th round pick for him. They don’t believe the Jets would get a first. I may make that trade if coach wants a young QB and we can’t get one of the top 3 in the draft.

I wouldn’t for Darnold though. Dude was overrated as all hell coming out solely because he went to USC. Wasn’t even that amazing at USC either. He hasn’t progressed anywhere near enough in the pros either to justify trading for him to become the future of a franchise.

I wouldn’t for Darnold though. Dude was overrated as all hell coming out solely because he went to USC. Wasn’t even that amazing at USC either. He hasn’t progressed anywhere near enough in the pros either to justify trading for him to become the future of a franchise.

The reason I like the move is he has one more year under his rookie contract unless they/we pick up that 5th year. I like the move if we were to keep Drew around for one more year. Then have Darnold be the guy in that 5th year. Brady is still getting it done at 43. Darnold could learn a year under Drew and if Darnold isn’t the right successor/fit than we just don’t resign him. We would only lose two picks and not regret some huge contract. I like the thought of getting a young 1st round QB without using a 1st round pick. I thought he was the best QB in that draft. He has shown some flashes, but that organization has been a dumpster fire. Adam Gase should not be coaching much less in the NFL. He is a horrific head coach that looks like he’s on speed anytime I have seen him in a press conference. Could Darnold turn it around with a top notch organization like the Saints? Possibly.

Who cares? You're ignoring the fact that he is New York's franchise QB. And until they decide to go in a different direction, they aren't trading him.

But I see this is Fantasy Island.

Joke's on everybody.

Lawrence stays for the senior year and/or Giants get #1. :p Maybe we should rename the thread into I want Daniel Jones.

Watch the throws he makes when he gets time and those he makes on the run. I’d offer a 2 and 4 for him and be willing to go to a 2 and future 2. He’s a franchise QB. He is accurate with time, has good arm, escapability, can see windows and is a humble leader. Remind you of any body?

I like him also. Not sure why the Jets would get rid of him but if we could get him I would snatch him up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom