I Was Watching Trevor Siemian's Highlights with the Broncos (1 Viewer)

I was very jealous of the Broncos getting Siemian. I followed him closely for 2 years then soured on him. Maybe the mature version will be what I originally thought he was.

I watched a lot of his snaps yesterday. Don’t look at “highlights”, look at “snaps vs”.

(Random vid)

He was under a lot of pressure over there. Watchin the vids makes me feel pretty good, especially after what he did coming off the bench vs the bucs.

One thing I noticed that can be positive and negative. He was not afraid to give his receiver a chance to make a play on the ball when he was “covered”. This offense needs that at times.

Last edited:
I watched a lot of his snaps yesterday. Don’t look at “highlights”, look at “snaps vs”. He was under a lot of pressure over there. Watchin the vids makes me feel pretty good, especially after what he did coming off the bench vs the bucs.

One thing I noticed that can be positive and negative. He was not afraid to give his receiver a chance to make a play on the ball when he was “covered”. This offense needs that at times.
Agree. I feel that both Winston and Taysom don’t even attempt throws unless guys are wide open. In a perfect world, a WR will always be open, but I think even Brees threw guys open more than we realize. Now, I’m not saying to be careless. There’s a fine line, but I was glad to see Siemian making some things happen when there didn’t look like much. I’m not sure what to make of him yet, but I do like how calm he looks and that he doesn’t hesitate to get the ball where it needs to go. It seems like with this group of receivers, you can’t expect guys to consistently get wide open, so hopefully the throws are accurate enough that they can make the play when it’s tossed their way.

He is a solid QB who has proven to Payton that he can execute the offense and that's all you can ask. We may see more production from the TE position because he is under center or even WR because of how he sees the field. Siemian may get the ball out faster than Winston so Calloway and TQS may appear more productive because Siemian may be more rythmic in the offense.

Last edited:
Agree. I feel that both Winston and Taysom don’t even attempt throws unless guys are wide open. In a perfect world, a WR will always be open, but I think even Brees threw guys open more than we realize. Now, I’m not saying to be careless. There’s a fine line, but I was glad to see Siemian making some things happen when there didn’t look like much. I’m not sure what to make of him yet, but I do like how calm he looks and that he doesn’t hesitate to get the ball where it needs to go. It seems like with this group of receivers, you can’t expect guys to consistently get wide open, so hopefully the throws are accurate enough that they can make the play when it’s tossed their way.

In fairness I think Payton has become more conservative to reduce turnovers. We saw Brees int #s go down his last few years, partly was lack of a deep shot but he was also being much safer with the ball

I think that philosophy carried on with Winston while he (winston) was also under pressure to reinvent himself. I think Winston was very conscious of how he was perceived as a turnover machine and was playing it a bit too safe. I felt like he was getting more comfortable though towards the end.

Taysom just isn’t the dude. I like watchin him play but he lacks the touch.

After watching those vids, definitely a timing/rhythm passer. Would assume when he plays bad it’s probably due to defenses disguising well or when db’s disrupt routes of WR’s.

He should be the best version of himself in this offense. He also looks to manage the screen passes really well, which will be nice to see in our offense again.

Those 2 drives where we went 3 and out in the Tampa game kinda make me wonder if that's just good Tampa defense and our protection was weak. I hope it's not the normal.

Those 2 drives where we went 3 and out in the Tampa game kinda make me wonder if that's just good Tampa defense and our protection was weak. I hope it's not the normal.
Some of it is also the limitations of our receiver group.

Watch how many times Trevor pulls a really effective play action, has all day in the pocket and runs through his progressions - and there is nobody flashing open to throw to.

And Tampa’s pass defense isn’t that great.

I got faith in Trevor…he seems really solid. He did a good job in Denver it seems from the 2016-2017 season…not sure what happened but he didn’t look bad at all. All he’s gotta do is protect the ball 🏈 and make plays every once in a while. He won’t have the whole team on his back….

In fairness I think Payton has become more conservative to reduce turnovers. We saw Brees int #s go down his last few years, partly was lack of a deep shot but he was also being much safer with the ball

I think that philosophy carried on with Winston while he (winston) was also under pressure to reinvent himself. I think Winston was very conscious of how he was perceived as a turnover machine and was playing it a bit too safe. I felt like he was getting more comfortable though towards the end.

Taysom just isn’t the dude. I like watchin him play but he lacks the touch.
Yeah, I felt like Winston’s main goal was to play turnover free football. That’s great, but I also worried it was limiting our offense in the beginning. We did start to loosen up as the games went along. I guess that’s what surprised me with Siemian. He stepped in, and got the ball down the field without any hesitation when he had a chance. This is also great so long as he doesn’t get careless and it turns into picks. Again, I do think there’s a fine line in being confident with accuracy and knowing when you shouldn’t attempt the throw. If Siemain can play smart and be aggressive at the right times, I think we could still be in good shape. With these receivers, I feel like he might do well with his style of play. At this point all we can do is hope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom