If Bengals trade Green, Saints are odds-on favorites (1 Viewer)

I'm weary of the Saints trading for A.J Green. He hasn't played this year and dealt with significant injuries last year. N.O has enough hobbled W.Rs on the roster.

I don't understand the hesitancy in trading for him. Of course it is a risk to trade future assets for a player who has an injury history, but the potential return is too great.

If he plays like AJ Green then we win the Super Bowl. Our defense is incredible and our special teams consistently put us in advantageous positions. We have a solid offensive line and currently have the greatest Wide Receiver and Running Back in team history.

Adding a dominant third option would make all three units dominant.

If it can be done, you do it. How many more shots are we going to get that will be better than this one?

no to that...why we keep signing injured free agents ....He's old and slow ...pass....

I wouldn't call him old. And he most certainly isn't slow. He's been slowed by injuries, but when healthy, he's one of the faster guys in the league.

I'd hate to see how much Mickey would have to pad his expense account to get that done. I'll take a trip to fiji & order dinner with 3 bottles of Chateau Lafite 1787.

1571259180939.png

That'll be, let's see...7,896,000 dollars & 42 cents. Your order will be out in a minute. Hehe hehehehehehe

I'm weary of the Saints trading for A.J Green. He hasn't played this year and dealt with significant injuries last year. N.O has enough hobbled W.Rs on the roster.
He’s set to hit free agency after this season and the Bengals are 0-6, I think this is similar to Jalen Ramsey’s “back injury”, I could see it magically disappearing if he was traded to a contender.

he is older, often hurt, and expensive. 3 seasons ago I woulda made an aggressive offer for him.

3 seasons ago he would never be traded. The only reason he might be traded is because of the things you listed. This would be a high risk/high reward deal. If he can't stay healthy then you wasted a few picks and some money and he walks at the end of the year.

But if he comes in healthy then dear god, what defense is going to be able to deal with Michael Thomas and A.J. Green on the same offense? Honestly to me, the reward is probably a Super Bowl. When Drew comes back and with this defense, you insert another weapon like A.J. Green and that's a wrap. People are sleeping on how good Green is. He's 31 years old, not 41. He's still in his prime.

What is his injury status and how old is he? There was a time when he was viewed more talented the Julio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom