If Bengals trade Green, Saints are odds-on favorites (1 Viewer)

This. Sweet mother of mercy this. Every single day of my life I see someone around here talking about Dez. People want Dez but bring up Green and they're like, "Nah bruh. I'm good. Gimme dat Dez."
I think, for me it's that we don't have to give up any draft capital for Dez. They are both older elite WRs. They are both coming off of injuries. I think AJ will cost more than I would want to pay, while Dez would be cheaper. That said, I dont really have a strong opinion. I didn't want Dez either before people started getting injured.

It just makes too much sense to actually happen. The Saints need another WR. Green, when healthy, is one of the best WRs in the league. People can say, "But, but, but the cap!" and to that I say, to heck with the cap. Loomis gets what SP wants.

I've been a big AJ Green fan for years. It's all about his health. He used to rarely get injured and miss games, but in the last 2-years, he has been injured a pretty fair amount. AJ Green is simply a Top 5 WR in the league. Dalton just throws up medium to long passes and let Green go after them. He's a master at jump balls, body movement. back shoulder catches when Dalton can actually deliver one and always known as a great teammate. IF HEALTHY - I would love this move. Thomas and Green would be lethal for Brees.

I've been a big AJ Green fan for years. It's all about his health. He used to rarely get injured and miss games, but in the last 2-years, he has been injured a pretty fair amount. AJ Green is simply a Top 5 WR in the league. Dalton just throws up medium to long passes and let Green go after them. He's a master at jump balls, body movement. back shoulder catches when Dalton can actually deliver one and always known as a great teammate. IF HEALTHY - I would love this move. Thomas and Green would be lethal for Brees.

Word around Cincy is that AJ has been slow playing his recovery to try to force a trade.

It will cost draft picks and with only 4.7m in cap space we will need Cincy to eat some of his contract. If we are just spit balling here and money is not object then we should approach the Browns about Landry or OBJr. That team isn't going anywhere and those guys are wasted talent. They are paying Odell for nothing (161 yds and 1 TD).
Heck the Rams seem to be dealing. Cooks isn't doing anything there. Go and make them an offer.
If I'm breaking the bank on a WR then I'm targeting someone with some tread left on the tires.

This is a bold gamble worth taking. This is the best team in the Payton/Brees era. If there was ever a time for a win now gamble, this is it. Make it happen PayLoo.

It will cost draft picks and with only 4.7m in cap space we will need Cincy to eat some of his contract. If we are just spit balling here and money is not object then we should approach the Browns about Landry or OBJr. That team isn't going anywhere and those guys are wasted talent. They are paying Odell for nothing (161 yds and 1 TD).
Heck the Rams seem to be dealing. Cooks isn't doing anything there. Go and make them an offer.
If I'm breaking the bank on a WR then I'm targeting someone with some tread left on the tires.

After week 7, he’s only owed $4.9M. And he’s a FA after this year - and with his injury history I doubt teams are lining up for a trade that includes a new deal.

We can afford him and he’s probably gettable with a 4th.

So the scoop on Twitter on why there hasn't been a move yet for WR:

Saints brass really wants to add another playmaker at Receiver because the young guys they have (TQS, Kirkwood, Humphrey, Carr, Butler) are either injured, inexperienced, or just inconsistent. Also because Kamara, and Jared Cook are going through ankle issues right now it makes it even more pressing to add another legitimate threat in the passing game for when Drew comes back.

Told AJ Green is the preferred choice. When healthy he was a top 5 dynamic play maker at the WR position, the issue is Bengals owner and executive Mike Brown loves AJ Green and really doesn't want to trade him, unless there's an offer that just blows him away. This will drive the price up also other teams are interested as well, including the New England Patriots.

The Saints next top choice is Emmanuel Sanders from Denver, who would be a good choice in the slot. The issue there is the Chiefs have gone on a little losing streak, while the Broncos have won 2 in a row after making some changes to their Defense. The Broncos are literally 2 games back for the Division lead, and if they beat the Chiefs at home on Thursday night they will only be 1 game behind the Chiefs with a Head to head victory. (which is not out of the realm of possibility because it is a short week and Patrick Mahomes is banged up with an ankle injury that is effecting him on the field) So they are just holding onto Sanders for now while they still remain competitive in the division.

Not quite out of the picture is Davante Parker, a promising 26 year old Receiver who is one of the lone bright spots on an other wise miserable Dolphins team this season. Apparently Stephon Diggs is not in the picture, told he doesn't fit locker room wise what the Saints are looking for and after his breakout game vs. the Eagles he appears to be all smiles with Kirk Cousins ... for now.

from a guy B S P N on Twitter.

Green value is rock bottom. I'd be surprised if he can get a 3rd.
Dunno about Rock bottom, but I wouldn't give anything better than a third for a rent a player.

Hopefully we get away with only offering a 4th.

I think, for me it's that we don't have to give up any draft capital for Dez. They are both older elite WRs. They are both coming off of injuries. I think AJ will cost more than I would want to pay, while Dez would be cheaper. That said, I dont really have a strong opinion. I didn't want Dez either before people started getting injured.
Please define elite. obviously you are not talking present tense with Bryant.

After week 7, he’s only owed $4.9M. And he’s a FA after this year - and with his injury history I doubt teams are lining up for a trade that includes a new deal.

We can afford him and he’s probably gettable with a 4th.
Sounds like a Saintly match under those circumstances.

Please define elite. obviously you are not talking present tense with Bryant.

Yeah, Bryant is hardly elite, otherwise he'd already be on a roster. Green is still elite when healthy. There are rumors he's sandbagging an injury similar to what Ramsey did to get a trade pushed through. Green would have to pass a physical for the trade to go through, so I say it's well worth considering. I'm not sure what Cincy's asking price is though.

Why are some people acting like AJ is some sort of washed up Dez Bryant? He’s one of the best receivers in the league when healthy and has done that whilst being on a sucky Bengals team. Him and MT would be an unbelievable combo to have. Green is a #1 receiver on most teams. Let’s not forget that Ginn has had his fair share of injury problems. Greens been dealing with some injuries too granted but if he comes back healthy which I’m sure he will he can still produce. He would instantly be the 2nd best receiver on the team and defenses wouldn’t be able to stop both him and Thomas.

The key words are " when healthy".

This. Green is the bigger name but I think Emmanuel Sanders would be the better pickup. Both are in contract years so their cap number isn't a big deal as long as we can make room. That said I would take either if they can be had cheap for a late round pick or something. I see it as a 1/2 season rental.

Smh. If Green started playing today, he would end the season with better stats than Sanders. It's an atrocity to compare the 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom