If I were the Saints I'd send Reggie Bush to San Diego (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
during the off season.

I'd tell him the only requirement you have is to hang out and train with the best back in the NFL...L.T.

LaDanian Tomlinson came into the league 6 years ago with much less hype but similar skills as Bush. The only think is LT learned how to play this game as a rookie...running north and south.

By all accounts Reggie will strive to be the best. Why not connect him to the best. Besides that is how you get better, right?

SaintAkira

Reaction score
If memory serves, Reggie did train with LT.

To paraphrase, he said he threw up while working out with him, because it was the roughest training he'd ever done.

My memory has been wrong once or twice before, so I'll look for a link to substantiate this post.

OP
Cajun Chat

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If that is the case then he needs to go back to San Diego and watch game film of himself and then of LT.

LT runs north and south. They have similar builds but Reggie is faster.

SaintAkira

Reaction score
http://www.hd.net/transcript.html?air_master_id=A4159

This page is VERY poorly put together, the quote I've posted is maybe a dozen paragraphs down. Sorry, best link I could find.

"Q:AND HE TOLD ME, I ACTUALLY GOT IT THROUGH A TRANSCRIPT, HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY TELL ME DIRECTED THAT IN ONE OF THE WORKOUTS THAT YOU PUT HIM THROUGH, HE HEAVED ALL OVER THE FIELD.

A: (LT)YEAH (LAUGHS) HE COULDN'T HANDLE IT, IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH. YEAH IT WAS IT WAS RIGHT BEFORE GOING INTO HIS JUNIOR YEAR AND HE WANTED TO WORK OUT WITH ME SO, I TOOK HIM DOWN AND WE HAD A WORKOUT AND YOU KNOW I THINK THAT'S WHEN REGGIE KIND OF REALIZED THAT THERE IS A LOT TO GO ALONG WITH YOU KNOW JUST MAINTAINING YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AS AN ATHLETE AND BEING SPECIAL."

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
LT only averaged 3.8 per carry as a rookie. He wasn't playing as an MVP coming in.

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
By the title of this thread, I thought you were saying trade him to San Diego...

I was alittle taken back.

OP
Cajun Chat

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Reggie is having a tough start to his rookie year as a RB. He is doing fine catching the ball but he wants to be a RB. He has a lot to learn.

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
During offseason Reggie needs to take up Ballet like Jerry and other great players have done to decrease injury and increase flexibility and speed, then run track till he can't stand it anymore, Then train with some Good vets.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
didn't payton work with the current league rushing leader for a good while in NY?..SP groomed him alright

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
No other coaches were fined for mask violations Saints RSS News Feeds 0
UFCSaint Were the "We're All In This Together" Commercials from ESPN of the NFL? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
yamsi (Try not to laugh too much) What were the positives today? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39
jasonsw Wonder if Packers are doing the same thing with Davante Adams, That the Saints did with M.T. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus Forecast: I hate the NFL canned crowd noise - plus Saints will be OK, just not this week SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus How have the Saints' 2021 free agents performed early in 2020? SR News Page Articles 0
Emmanuel Sanders is off to a slow start, but Saints are 'very confident in his ability' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Offense vs. Packers Defense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: Saints third down woes prove to be too much in MNF loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze 750 Saints Family will attend Packers Game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
B-Train Packers @ Saints Line Currently -3 (24 September) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Saints will test viability of fans by inviting 750 guests on Sunday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to have 750 family members in the Superdome this week as test for future fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
5 Things from the New Orleans Saints film room Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 2 at the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints: Important quotes from Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 24: Former Saints teammates debut new podcast Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Video: Deuce Windham talks 1-1 Saints on All Access Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Demario Davis Talks Saints Defense, Week 3 prep | Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints defensive success on third down must improve SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints' Drew Brees pushes back on notion he's in decline: 'I feel good, borderline great' SR News Page Articles 0
Cam Jordan and former Saints teammate Mark Ingram debut 'Truss Levelz' podcast Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Packers Wednesday injury report: Terron Armstead Limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' injury report: Team doesn't practice, but 3 new injuries to report for key players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton accepts blame for not wearing mask on sidelines, addresses Saints issues ahead of Packers test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Why do some here go to EXTREMES after a Saints’ loss? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Saints @ Raiders: Five Numbers That Do Not Lie Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Raiders defeat the Saints 34-24 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
1 Up and 3 Downs from the Saints MNF loss to the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus For the Packers, the Saints are like looking in the mirror SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Defense vs. Packers Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints normally dynamic offense looking sluggish in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ surprising loss against the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Saints vs GreenBay what are the keys to victory? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Is the Saints Super Bowl window closed? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saintsphere Saints-Raiders draw significant ratings increase for MNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 54
Second look: Where did the Saints come up short in Monday night loss to Raiders? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints snap counts analysis, Week 2: Rookies didn't see much action vs. Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints, Sean Payton reportedly fined $350K total for failure to wear face coverings on sideline Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at the wide receivers, general defensive snaps against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints What i learned from the Saints loss Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
saintsfan777 Just passed the Saints team busses Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0