If not Jameis next year or a draft pick, why not Minshew? (1 Viewer)

Minshew reminds me of Trevor Siemian when Siemian was in Denver. Had a short stint as a starter, did just enough to trick some folks, and then settled into the journeyman 3rd stringer role.

Hard pass from me.
It's really unfair to compare Gardner to Trevor. Especially given the talent Trevor was given to work with in Denver vs what Gardner had in Jacksonville.

Honestly didn’t know he had such a good TD:INT ratio. 39:11 is pretty darn good with as many starts as he’s had.

It's really unfair to compare Gardner to Trevor. Especially given the talent Trevor was given to work with in Denver vs what Gardner had in Jacksonville.
Siemian led a Broncos team with a Super Bowl caliber defense and the likes of BeBe Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, CJ Anderson… and a very solid O-line to a 9-7 record during his best statistical year as a starter!

I agree Minshew had less to work with… but Minshew’s ceiling is at or below Siemian’s.

Do you really want to go into a season with Gardner Minshew as the starting QB?

…?

Have we completely ruled out Uncle Rico?

screens_feature-39140.jpeg

Siemian led a Broncos team with a Super Bowl caliber defense and the likes of BeBe Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, CJ Anderson… and a very solid O-line to a 9-7 record during his best statistical year as a starter!

I agree Minshew had less to work with… but Minshew’s ceiling is at or below Siemian’s.

Do you really want to go into a season with Gardner Minshew as the starting QB?

…?
If my options were Trevor or Gardner, I'm taking Gardner for sure.

Minshew reminds me of Trevor Siemian when Siemian was in Denver. Had a short stint as a starter, did just enough to trick some folks, and then settled into the journeyman 3rd stringer role.

Hard pass from me.

He has only started 20 games. How would we really know, how good he is. Minshew completed 66.1% of his passes last season for 2,259 yards with 16 touchdowns to five interceptions, finishing with a quarterback rating of 95.9. With the Jags! He isn't as smart as Trevor, but more athletic in the pocket.

Over the course of Minshew's career, he has a 94.4 passer rating, 39 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions. He might not be the guy for us, but he is being very undervalued.

Because he's not good?
I think that he’s pretty good. The Jaguars are the worst team in the league. I think that Lawrence is a good QB and he can do absolutely nothing with that team. I don’t know if he’s better than Winston, but I do think he can start in the league…which is more than I can say for most of the Saints 2021 QBs.

Drew was so good that we’re now willing to settle for mediocre QB play?!
Because mediocrity is what we currently have and mediocrity is what you’re suggesting that we stick with.

I think that he’s pretty good. The Jaguars are the worst team in the league. I think that Lawrence is a good QB and he can do absolutely nothing with that team. I don’t know if he’s better than Winston, but I do think he can start in the league…which is more than I can say for most of the Saints 2021 QBs.
He's most famous for facial hair. He's not terrible, but he's not good.

I think he is playing well right now, but JW is the better QB with way more potential.

I've been saying for a few years now I don't think Trevor Lawrence is anything special. I agree it is hard to judge his performance because the Jags are terrible, but I just don't think he is going to ever be a great QB....

Can we please shoot higher for our next franchise QB than Gardner Minshew?
I posted how Minshew was being undervalued, and would be the kind of QB Sean could work with in our system. But, I really don't think he is headed here. I don't think we will get a "next franchise QB" anytime soon. IMHO I think Sean thinks he can do what Bill at the Patts is doing with MJ. Build the team around a very good system QB. Ian Book/Mac Jones are products of the systems they are asked to play in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom