If Saints move on from Sanders who would you like N.O to bring in. (2 Viewers)

I’m hoping they keep Manny Sanders... but if they just can’t afford it, I’ve always thought David Moore is a really underrated WR in Seattle... and he’s set to become an UFA.

I'd prefer not to move on from Sanders as he has a skillset and role that still fits this team. If we are going back to the WRs with designated roles that was successful for so many years, the role we are missing is the Devery>Meach>Cooks>Ginn role. Tyrell Williams was just released by the Raiders and he could fit that role perfectly. He's a big WR at 6'4"+ 204lbs with 4.41 speed and nearly a 40" vertical. He also has a 6.55 3-cone and CSP likes for his WRs to have good 3-cone times and that may be the best on the team. He's only 29 and had some success with the Chargers, but got injured in August before doing anything with the Raiders. He could potentially be a bargain addition and fill a role that is needed.

I think TQS was drafted to develop into that role, but with 4.5 speed he may not have the separation to be effective and it looks like he might have evolved into a different role than originally drafted for.

Except your logic is flawed. Cutting or trading MT would accelerate the cap hit of his recent contract, so that it would actually cost us MORE against the salary cap to trade him then to keep him. It's just bad cap-enomics!
I would never cut MT

You don't bring anybody in, you insert Smith into the starting lineup, bump up Calloway and Harris to get more snaps and draft a speedy guy in the draft.

It's funny you say that. Nick Underhill and Kevin Wash just recorded a podcast that made some great points.

Callaway was excellent at tracking deep balls in college. TQS's was outstanding on deep balls. We just haven't seen as much of them doing that because of the O the Saints have run with Brees at QB.

We may already have the WRs we need to run a more vertical offense. I'd prefer to keep Sanders if possible. But worst-case, we have players who have already proven they can make plays downfield when given the opportunity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom