If Saints move on from Sanders who would you like N.O to bring in. (12 Viewers)

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Love Sanders he brings alot to the table and is a high character athlete however there is a possibility that N.O moves on from him. If they choose to do so, who through the draft or free agency would you like the Saints to pursue at WR. Or do you think they fill Sanders void with an in house candidate who is ready to take the next step.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The game plan rarely seemed to feature him. When he was getting the ball he was darn good. Those couple deep contested catches were awesome. Need to get the ball down field and open it up.

ShahulX

Bring the WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Yea if we have a downfield throwing Qb I think Sanders would be amazing.. assuming we keep Jaemis

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sanders came to NOLA as a legit receiver. With the injury and Brees not able to throw a deep ball screwed Sanders over. He still has it in him.
What injury? I don't recall Sanders getting hurt.

I think he's someone we need to keep. We've been missing that number 2 for awhile and we're going to let him go?! I'd hope not.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m drunk. Right team, right position, wrong player. I really liked #17 Cornell Powell. He reminds me of Micheal Thomas.
You are correct. Ettiene plays for Clemson. I was saying that I’d rather have Harris from Bama.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You are correct. Ettiene plays for Clemson. I was saying that I’d rather have Harris from Bama.
I like Ettiene but I was imagining Powell when I typed that post. I also prefer Harris, although I really liked Trey Sermon from Ohio State.

To supplement the possible loss of Sanders and for value, I think we could get Powell in the mid rounds and he could be a gem.

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping I'm having an r/woosh moment, but is this guy serious?
very serious. I look at Sanders to be a high value receiver. Maybe not equal to MT but a solid second . MT is $20mil a year. we need to cut about$80 mil of the cap. So do you trade MT or get rid of about 5-6 other players?

SFiDC

Saints Fan in D.C.
Reaction score
very serious. I look at Sanders to be a high value receiver. Maybe not equal to MT but a solid second . MT is $20mil a year. we need to cut about$80 mil of the cap. So do you trade MT or get rid of about 5-6 other players?
Except your logic is flawed. Cutting or trading MT would accelerate the cap hit of his recent contract, so that it would actually cost us MORE against the salary cap to trade him then to keep him. It's just bad cap-enomics!

Beast

Former Camp Beast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jamison Crowder could be on his way out in NY. Might cost too much for mostly a slot WR, but he has played on the outside some the last few years.

I think we need another younger player that threatens the defense deep, whether it's a full time #2 like Fuller (who will probably get paid like a #1), or someone to compete with Deonte Harris in the speedster role. I think the full time #2 option would be best as you could keep them on the field more often and interchange Harris and Sanders/his replacement.

Something else on this. I think it will be interesting to see how much Payton sticks with the play-to-play personnel change approach once Brees isn't the quarterback.

Saint Lattimore

Earned Another Start
Reaction score
I’m hoping they keep Manny Sanders... but if they just can’t afford it, I’ve always thought David Moore is a really underrated WR in Seattle... and he’s set to become an UFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 10)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom