If SP decides to coach again (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would he come back here?

If we have 2 bad seasons and found out he was going to coach again would NO be an option or will he say no and go someplace else?

Edit - he did say at the press conference he just bought a new house here he was getting ready to move into and if we stay in house instead of outside long term contract then it could be the reason.

Last edited:
Coming back can only hurt his legacy. Like Gibbs in the 00s.

Like Tommy Tuberville said when he was at Ole Miss, never say never. At worst there is a 1/32 chance. Probably will be the cowboys but he’s going to pick the opportunity with the shortest path to the Super Bowl at the time.

The press conference seemed like a 100% goodbye to coaching THE SAINTS, not to coaching another team. No doubt in my mind he comes back to coach but sadly seems it will be for a contending team over us. I understand it but also feel we are sort of left in a crappy spot when he left, so at this point I'm hoping he comes back under contract and we can trade him to get something out of the cowboys lol

Can not stand the cowboys and their fan base, so losing Sean to them of all teams will sting. Especially after all the rumors of it for years, we wont hear the end of it from cowboy fans.

The press conference seemed like a 100% goodbye to coaching THE SAINTS, not to coaching another team. No doubt in my mind he comes back to coach but sadly seems it will be for a contending team over us. I understand it but also feel we are sort of left in a crappy spot when he left, so at this point I'm hoping he comes back under contract and we can trade him to get something out of the cowboys lol

Can not stand the cowboys and their fan base, so losing Sean to them of all teams will sting. Especially after all the rumors of it for years, we wont hear the end of it from cowboy fans.
If the Saints were smart they would only allow him to coach an AFC team

If the Saints were smart they would only allow him to coach an AFC team

Right lol I wish, but sadly i have a feeling Gayle and Mickey might not be as stingy on the trade since Sean has given them 16 good years. At the end of the day its business and i hope they make a good trade, but you never know. I know Sean's happiness at the end of the day will be important to them.

The only way I can see Sean Payton is returning is as a face of the new ownership group.

I know a lot of people was thinking the same thing, but no way he will coach here again. He would of say he would coach here but would like a whole year off. But it is obvious he wants to coach somewhere else. I feel he wanted to do this a long time ago. Seriously during fake bounty gate, there were loud whisper of him maybe moving on. Didn't he had to sign a new contract after being reinstated? 2015 season really burn him out. 2014 was a big disappointment after a pretty good 2013 season coming back. Horrible draft and lock room issues going into 2015, it was bad. 2017 really rejuvenated him. Guess 2021 was too much for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom