Other If SR.com was "pay-per-view," would you subscribe, or go elsewhere? (2 Viewers)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I joined just before Katrina, and it's amazing how much you can find here.

My most frequent watering hole is SSF. Nowhere else on the internet comes close, IMO.

If you're wanting interesting topics, news and info, there's the "Everything Else" (EE) board. Tech board, Fantasy Football, NCAA, Pelicans, and a ton of other stuff is here to keep you occupied.

I come here for Saints & Pels stuff (and occasionally go to the EE board). The only other sports news I don't get here is for the Astros. I became a Houston fan way-back-when, late 1960's, at a time when New Orleans had radio coverage on the Astros radio network (Gene Elston, Lowell Passe, Milo Hamilton, Harry Kallas). OK... who cares?!?!

Forgive my bloviating. My main reason for posting this is to encourage my fellow WhoDats to start a modest $2, $3, $5, $10 or whatever monthly subscription/donation to help this website. I mentioned on another thread that I used to say "...I'll get around to it," but then I decided to start a small monthly contribution, and I haven't regretted it (nor have I missed the money).

For the record, no Mod, nor Andrus, or any Admin asked me to post this.

I know some may neg-rep this thread, but if it leads others getting involved... it will be a good thing.

Peace, out. :cool:

:gosaints:

Not sure. Hard to picture the scenario because I know SR would never be a paywall type of site. I have however made a once a month contribution for well over a decade continuous now and I know we have a ton of other generous members on here.

Not sure. Hard to picture the scenario because I know SR would never be a paywall type of site. I have however made a once a month contribution for well over a decade continuous now and I know we have a ton of other generous members on here.

IIRC, last I saw, there were only about 100 regular contributors to the site. :scratch:

IIRC, last I saw, there were only about 100 regular contributors to the site. :scratch:

Interesting, I'd have thought there was more. Where do you see that information?

I joined just before Katrina, and it's amazing how much you can find here.

My most frequent watering hole is SSF. Nowhere else on the internet comes close, IMO.

If you're wanting interesting topics, news and info, there's the "Everything Else" (EE) board. Tech board, Fantasy Football, NCAA, Pelicans, and a ton of other stuff is here to keep you occupied.

I come here for Saints & Pels stuff (and occasionally go to the EE board). The only other sports news I don't get here is for the Astros. I became a Houston fan way-back-when, late 1960's, at a time when New Orleans had radio coverage on the Astros radio network (Gene Elston, Lowell Passe, Milo Hamilton, Harry Kallas). OK... who cares?!?!

Forgive my bloviating. My main reason for posting this is to encourage my fellow WhoDats to start a modest $2, $3, $5, $10 or whatever monthly subscription/donation to help this website. I mentioned on another thread that I used to say "...I'll get around to it," but then I decided to start a small monthly contribution, and I haven't regretted it (nor have I missed the money).

For the record, no Mod, nor Andrus, or any Admin asked me to post this.

I know some may neg-rep this thread, but if it leads others getting involved... it will be a good thing.

Peace, out. :cool:

Best NFL site bar none IMO. I have been an almost daily SR fix guy for over 20 years, since the beginning. I hope those who enjoy the site regularly will if possible find a way to contribute a little bit each month to keep it going and to allow Andrus to keep improving this great site. Like NDCC, this comes without any suggestions from Andrus or the Mods!

Former season ticket holder in the Ditka and Haslett years, here, I moved to Dallas after losing everything in Katrina. I joined this site right around the time we drafted Reggie Bush, looking for any info the night we found out the Texans were taking Mario Williams.

I have donated in the past and would probably pay a small monthly fee as I generally enjoy the time I spend on this site. It certainly has the fastest breaking news you can find on NFL/Saints updates.

I would however like to say the general negativity level of this board is a small concern. I come here for news and as a die hard Saints fan it provides the best of any website I’ve found. The world has changed in the last 15 years and while this board was previous 90% positive it has gone down to about 50% positive over the last few years which is probably a sign of where we are as a society.

Go Saints.

Attachments

• Server migration thread-SR.png
    Server migration thread-SR.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 41

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom