If we lose next week? (1 Viewer)

If we lose to Tampa Bay how will you feel?

• Alot of football left to be played, Playoffs are still gonna happen.

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Probably just miss the playoffs. I still love my Saints.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • We were overrated and done for the year. Same ole Saints.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I am off this sinking ship!

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I still think that the season is a success -- I just will not be as completely optimistic on reaching the playoffs --

No matter what happened yesterday I took away a few things --

1) This team has no quit in it -- no matter how far down they kept playing hard
2) We have a team that can come back. If you can roll up 400 yards against the Ravens Defense when they know you are going to pass the ball you have some talent. And it was not that the Ravens were giving us anything -- when they had the ball they consistently passed the ball even in the last minutes -- because they did not want our offense to have the ball
3) The team has the utmost confidence in Drew Brees

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This is a rebuilding year. It a rebuilding year even if we get to the playoffs, even if we should somehow manage to get into the conference final. So it won't really matter much to me. But if we lose you can count us out of the playoffs. All having a winning record will mean is a lower draft pick. So part of me wishes we go 8-8.

If anyones still convinced that our defense is "good enough" to win it all, or that that Thomas and McKenzie are "good enough" at corner, please rewatch yestedays game. We got exposed by one of the worst passing attacks in the league, and at home. Disgraceful We need to make a major push for Clements.

OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am of the feeling that no matter what this season is a success. After what we went through last year, we are clearly on an upward path. We are a better team with bright future. I also think that we are only 5 or so players away from an elite team.

I will just let whatever will happen this season happen and enjoy the ride.

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
we are very overrated. this is a rebuilding season, and thus far coaching has won us a few games we should not have won (based on talent and quality of the teams)

As teams learn to explote our weakness we either must gameplan around them, or learn to overcome them.

I expect 8 - 8 ball park, 9 - 7 will be good, 10 - 6 will earn SP the coach of the year.

OP
shrike3000

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I certainly agree that 10-6 gets Payton Coach of the Year. That would be well deserved.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
If we lose next week, we'll be 5-3 and will have a lot of work to be done, similar to this week, but still won't be in a tremendous hole standing-wise. If we get to .500, I will be begin to worry.

Now, if we lose in similar fashion to yesterday, then, we have a bigger issue on our hands. We shall see........

Lukelv0

All-Pro
Reaction score
holy cow we are 5-2 and people act like we have no hope now. Yea we lost but the ball rolled baltimore's way. We still had a good game on offense we just had the turnovers.

seriously I have never seen stuff like this there is no way you can win every game this is the nfl. Don't lose your hope. We are still tied for 2nd in the NFC. Jeez

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Andrus Falcons Blow 19-point Second-half Lead, Lose 40-39 to Cowboys SR News Page Articles 0
Saints stumble but still own NFC South lead after Week 2; here's what to know, what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
El Caliente Can we clean things up before next week? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Andrus Drew Brees Talks Taysom, Getting Back on Track vs Packers in Week 3 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Demario Davis Talks Saints Defense, Week 3 prep | Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Davante Adams: “Too early to tell” if I can play this week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Staff Week 3 picks: Seahawks continue to roll, Falcons continue to perplex Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ surprising loss against the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints snap counts analysis, Week 2: Rookies didn't see much action vs. Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Bill NFL "If The Season Ended Today..." - WEEK 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints take a tumble in Week 3 Power Rankings Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s fantasy studs and duds from Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Week 2: The Good, the Bad, the...Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s Week 3 fantasy waiver wire Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Postgame Show | Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Droopy Saints Captains' Families HYPED Send-Off to Fathers Ahead of Week 2 at Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
FOX Sports New Orleans to re-air 2020 Saints games starting Week 2 vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints defensive line rotations performed in week one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Get Hype: Saints at Raiders | NFL Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Week 2: NFC South Postgame Storylines Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Week 2 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady “went to another level” in practice this week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Emmanuel Sanders on Saints Wide Receivers, Week 2 gameplan | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Terron Armstead on Saints D-line, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Saturday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
RedJem This week's Fleurs Truly Podcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Dan in Lafayette Alex Anzalone on Josh Jacobs, Saints Linebackers | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Tre'Quan Smith Talks Saints Offense, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Jared Cook on Jon Gruden, Saints Offensive Depth | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL Week 2: Cesar Ruiz upgraded on Saints-Raiders injury report SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders stack up for Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0