If You Were Loomis (1 Viewer)

Only IF a corner needy team has a similarly talented left tackle, nose guard, defensive end, slot receiver, or tight end.
Then do it for an even swap.

We'll know more after June 1.

He's an aging vet from arguably the team's last best draft class, and who's losing a lot of games to injury. I think there's a good chance he gets traded. And if it's higher than a 4th they get I'll be shocked. Saints just don't have much leverage there. The cap savings down the line by itself frees up money for another player.

Unless it’s for a 1st or a player of equal caliber I’m just keeping him. Nobody will give us that package.

He’s a lockdown corner who we rely on heavily, DA and Loomis need the mend the fence. I will be very upset if we trade him for a day 2-3 pick

Restructure contract with a team friendly extension with bonuses based on playing time and starts.

Latt is worth more to the heart and spirit of the defense than what we would get in compensation.
They have already converted most of his salary to an "option bonus" paid out over the next 5 years. The bonus pays out after June 1st but not sure when.

If Loomis thinks the team is poised to make a Super Bowl run this season, then keep him, if he thinks he needs to position the team for the long run and build a foundation for the future then trade him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom