Im going to be 100% with everyone (about Drew Brees) (1 Viewer)

JPSaints87

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to be 100% honest with you, Who Dat fam. I really want Drew Brees to come back his final curfew call in upcoming 2021 season & get a proper farewell treatment.

I already know & heard what others are saying/been saying, "he's 42 years old QB." "He doesn't that strong cannon arm anymore." "He/We wasted his chances at another ring." "He has been injured prone for the past 2 seasons." He's not what he used to be." He is this, he is that, whatever I get it. I heard countless times. But the fact of the matter that, I really want Drew Brees to treated with the respect that he deserves & the NFL failed to give him, over years. And get that memorable farewell treatment just like the greats (John Elway, Jerome Bettis, Peyton Manning) once recieved. Especially, in front of his home crowd of the Superdome.

Throughout his legendary career, he always been overshadowing by the Manning-Brady rivalry, Aaron Rodgers's MVP seasons, the uprising of Patrick Mahomes & so much more. And let be honest here, the only few times that Brees's name had ever been mentioned(even for a split second) when he achieved or broke a legendary record. Then, it goes back to kissing up to Brady/Rodgers.

Bottomline is that, I really want Brees to go out on top. Winning his long-lasting 2nd ring & walk out into the sunset, without any regrets. But at the same time, I will respect his & family's decision. I trust Sean Payton & everyone else within the Saints organization for a brighter future.

Finally, a message to the great, Drew Brees.
If he does indeed retires in the next upcoming weeks, I want to say thank you for everything the Brees family has done for my home state of Louisiana. Congratulations on a phenomenal, legendary, 1st ballot HOFer career. He & his family will forever be New Orleans's Royal family. Who dat.

That’s a very nice thought, but the reality is that the Saints just had three very good shots in a row. It’s time to try something new with the offense. I want to see that explosive offensive game plan from the genius himself. Payton has always been known for his offense and now it’s become too focused on efficiency rather than explosiveness. We need more balance in the passing game. These constant short throws are as dull as a team running it every 1st and 2nd down.

I can't wait to see the day his statue is revealed. Just saying.

Edit: Some of my own thoughts.

I can relate with everyone who is ready to see Drew retire because of wanting the deep threat ball back, and I can see why and agree with the fans who want Drew to return for another season. I'm on both sides of the fence with this, myself.

Last edited:
I’m on the other side. I want him to be done. Not that I think badly of him, far from it. But we have all seen the decline. His passes don’t have what they used to. Routes have been removed from the playbook. He cannot avoid rushers as he has done in the past. He is getting injured more often.

Father Time always wins. It has been the best years of any Saints duration. Brees has been invaluable to the Saints and to the fan base. But it is now time to move forward. Drew will forever be celebrated as a Saint, as a member of the ring of honor, and in the Hall of Fame. He doesn’t need to come back for another year in a goodbye round

I'm going to be 100% honest with you, Who Dat fam. I really want Drew Brees to come back his final curfew call in upcoming 2021 season & get a proper farewell treatment.

I already know & heard what others are saying/been saying, "he's 42 years old QB." "He doesn't that strong cannon arm anymore." "He/We wasted his chances at another ring." "He has been injured prone for the past 2 seasons." He's not what he used to be." He is this, he is that, whatever I get it. I heard countless times. But the fact of the matter that, I really want Drew Brees to treated with the respect that he deserves & the NFL failed to give him, over years. And get that memorable farewell treatment just like the greats (John Elway, Jerome Bettis, Peyton Manning) once recieved. Especially, in front of his home crowd of the Superdome.

Throughout his legendary career, he always been overshadowing by the Manning-Brady rivalry, Aaron Rodgers's MVP seasons, the uprising of Patrick Mahomes & so much more. And let be honest here, the only few times that Brees's name had ever been mentioned(even for a split second) when he achieved or broke a legendary record. Then, it goes back to kissing up to Brady/Rodgers.

Bottomline is that, I really want Brees to go out on top. Winning his long-lasting 2nd ring & walk out into the sunset, without any regrets. But at the same time, I will respect his & family's decision. I trust Sean Payton & everyone else within the Saints organization for a brighter future.

Finally, a message to the great, Drew Brees.
If he does indeed retires in the next upcoming weeks, I want to say thank you for everything the Brees family has done for my home state of Louisiana. Congratulations on a phenomenal, legendary, 1st ballot HOFer career. He & his family will forever be New Orleans's Royal family. Who dat.
If he hasn’t gotten that treatment all these years, then what’s going to change next year?! 4 years same results, so come back again for the same?! Then what will you say next year???

STOP IT!!!

Drew’s fate was to always be outshined by the massive five-head of Manning, the asterisk clouded Brady, and the physical gifts of the underachieving Rodgers. It’s only fitting that he goes out with less fanfare, like I said, it’s just what fate intended for him. I’ve stated in another post, Drew Brees has overachieved considering his physical stature and almost career ending shoulder injury. We will celebrate him in many ways in the future. Don’t fret about that.

He hit a physical wall. There's no shame in riding off into the sunset at this point. He's proven everyone wrong in his career. He's established himself as one of the greatest to ever play the position and made the Saints relevant for the first time since the Dome Patrol days. But he just doesn't have it anymore. He's been the weak spot for the last few years in the playoffs after carrying the team on his back with godawful defenses during the 7-9 years.

I agree that Drew deserves a proper send off, but he needs to retire. You better believe he’ll get a proper send off once fans are allowed to return, but as for getting his due respect, it’s just never gonna happen. Who dat nation knows the truth though, and that’s what really matters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom