Im going to be 100% with everyone (about Drew Brees) (1 Viewer)

I never blame players for getting as much as they can, most careers are very short. That said, the big loss was not being able to re-sign Carl Nicks, who, at the time was probably the most dominant G in the NFL....

That was a sad and hard loss. He was really the best OL we had since Roaf, and was still amazing. Went to Tampa and caught MRSA...

Just really bad ending.

Brees went through Bountygate, then Nola no call. What would his career have been if one of those two things didn't happen? NFL lost it's real value and integrity with the way Brees was treated.

That was a sad and hard loss. He was really the best OL we had since Roaf, and was still amazing. Went to Tampa and caught MRSA...

Just really bad ending.

I'm convinced had he been able to stay healthy he would have been a HOFer....

Waste of time reading that long “HATING” post about Winston! Teddy is ain’t it, and wasn’t it!!! How do you know the team won’t get behind Jameis??? Players don’t change with different organizations???!!! SMH!!!

this dude is mad...

look at his post haha. Good internet there

remember. Rock on brother.

Starting to realize that a lot of people aren't really Saints fans, they're Drew Brees fans. I'm down with the Black and Gold no matter who's pulling the trigger.

You're probably right, in some instances.

Let's call it for what it is, the Saints simply became a lot easier to watch and support after the quick front run of 2006. It became even easier in 2009 when they were in the midst of winning their first 13 games and eventually won it all.

So for some fans, Drew Brees is literally all they know, minus the 11 or so times he didn't start due to injury or being rested as a result of having playoff positioning clinched. They may very well not know how to act, since this isn't something they really had to think about for 15 or less years.

I, on the other hand, do remember life without Drew Brees...... since I became a fan during the Ditka era. And I'm not in a huge hurry to get back to a non-Brees existence.

For all the salary cap woes we are supposedly going to have, it looks like the majority of this team is going to be back next season. This is a team that can compete for a Super Bowl. This is not one of those seemingly-endless supplies of 8-8 rosters that Haslett seemed to trot out year after year.

Right or wrong, I'm not of the belief that Jameis Winston is going to lead this team to a Super Bowl. And I believe far less that Taysom Hill can do it. Obtaining Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson is probably a pipe dream.

That's why I want Brees back for one last season. Because I feel like, given the options realistically available to us, he simply gives us the best chance to win it all.

That's why I want Brees back for one last season. Because I feel like, given the options realistically available to us, he simply gives us the best chance to win it all.

If it were Brees a few years ago I would agree. But I really don't need to see Brees prove he can't stay healthy for 3 years in a row, and at some point his play would drop off a cliff even if healthy.

I understand folks not wanting it to end like this for him but I don't want to see the man damaged further, it is time for him to retire and spend more time with his family and time for the Saints to move on and find our QB of the future.....

The absolute last thing I want to see is a season where Brees looks absolutely terrible, nor do I ever want to see/hear him getting booed after poor stretches. If he stays on another year, there is a good chance this happens.

I really think he needs to call it a career. He can still show us glimpses of greatness every now and then, but you also see a lot of glimpses of the wheels set to come off completely at any moment, and I don't want to see it end for him that way.

i don't want him to be physically crippled the rest of his life. He gave everything to the Saints and i want him to be able to live the life that he wants with his family. i'm afraid he gets hurt really bad. last year was enough for me! i will be a fan of his for life!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom