Im going to be 100% with everyone (about Drew Brees) (1 Viewer)

I'm probably being hyperbolic here, but I honestly think if Nicks had stuck with the Saints, he'd be getting Hall of Fame consideration right now. Kinda sad that he and Bentley both left and had staph infections that derailed great careers.

Agreed, he was a monster, he should have had a long, successful career....

Out with the old, in with the new. I will miss Brees but it is time to move on.

That’s a very nice thought, but the reality is that the Saints just had three very good shots in a row. It’s time to try something new with the offense. I want to see that explosive offensive game plan from the genius himself. Payton has always been known for his offense and now it’s become too focused on efficiency rather than explosiveness. We need more balance in the passing game. These constant short throws are as dull as a team running it every 1st and 2nd down.
Lots of teams make the postseason every year. How many qbs repeat Superbowl wins though? Its not easy. Lots of things need to go right. Brady, both Mannings and Big Ben in the last 20 years have won multiple. Some of those wins were heavily carried by the defense. In fact Peyton Manning's second win was all defense and he looked much worse than Brees. I want to be optimistic but I think we struggle to even make the postseason without him at least for a while. There are many things that make a qb great and physical ability is just one component. Kind of silly that all of these fans stating they have been disappointed with winning seasons. Not every team is fortunate and there are plenty of teams with many talented players that don't enjoy the success we've seen

Last edited:
Lots of teams make the postseason every year. How many qbs repeat Superbowl wins though? Its not easy. Lots of things need to go right. Brady, both Mannings and Big Ben in the last 20 years have won multiple. Some of those wins were heavily carried by the defense. In fact Peyton Manning's second win was all defense and he looked much worse than Brees. I want to be optimistic but I think we struggle to even make the postseason without him at least for a while. There are many things that make a qb great and physical ability is just one component. Kind of silly that all of these fans stating they have been disappointed with winning seasons. Not every team is fortunate and there are plenty of teams with many talented players that don't enjoy the success we've seen

We went 7-1 without Brees and two different QB’s. Brees wasn’t the sole reason we won so many games the past three years, but he was the sole reason the offense was handcuffed to the short passing game. TB won the Super Bowl by using the short passing game. The difference is that they actually have the threat of a deep throw because they are capable of pushing the ball down the field. Will we go 13-3 without Brees, probably not, but I personally just want an exciting offense again. Ironically when Brees was at his peak and we had an explosive offense all we wanted was a decent defense. Ah the joys of being a Saints fan.

Yeah, I’ll join the crowd that’s still hoping Drew will do another season.

Look, I didn’t like Winston before the Saints... and I haven’t changed my mind at all on him. I don’t feel like either Winston or Hill is the answer for this team to win the postseason.

I thought Bridgewater was actually made up of the right fabric... and while we didn’t see him just put the team on his back and carry them... it felt like the team was better with him... it’s almost as if they supported Teddy by all playing as hard as they could... I thought those games with Teddy were some of the best ‘team wins’ we have seen in years.

And I was saying that before Teddy left too... this ain’t some revisionist crap or something. Everyone packed his bags for him before he was even out of here, and I couldn’t understand that.

Now we are trying to find someone of his level to slide into the QB spot. I find it strange. Winston just feels like ‘the best option that was available’ type thing to me... I think he’s as mediocre as one could find in the league... but we are trying to act like he’s somehow better all the sudden.

Last edited:
Starting to realize that a lot of people aren't really Saints fans, they're Drew Brees fans. I'm down with the Black and Gold no matter who's pulling the trigger.

Exactly how I feel. I love Drew Brees, always will, but he and the Saints need to move on from the end of his playing days...one of the scenarios I dream about is Brees coming back in the offensive coaching capacity for the Saints....

While I totally get the sentiment of how amazing it would be to see Drew hoist the Lombardi in his final game as a Saints - it’s also important to remember all the amazing HOF QBs who called it a career on a less-than “Super” final game.

Basically John Elway and Peyton Manning got to finish their HOF careers as champs. Almost everyone else, quietly rode off into the sunset.
And....
Otto Graham
Norm Van Brocklin

Pretty sure that even Jameis Winston could win with T.D.

When you have a back that can run for 1000+ yards in only 8 playoff games anything is possible.

"Terrell Davis Career Playoff Stats - 8 games total

204 Carries
1,140 Yards
5.60 yards per carry
12 TDs
142 yards per game
Look at those numbers again. Davis accomplished what he did in eight games. In seven of the eight games he played in the playoffs, he rushed for 100 yards or more. That’s what a Hall of Famer looks like."

So let’s slight Jameis for no reason! SMH!!!

I honestly don't think winston is the answer. The guy has a lot to prove and a lot of growing up to do. I never saw brees or Brady or manning or Montana "eating w's" or poking corner backs from behind to provoke a fight or grope Uber drivers at any stage in their career. They have mostly carried themselves as champions. Yeah Brady might be a cry baby to the refs, but mostly a professional on and off the field.

I think it takes a strong mindset not just a strong arm to win games. Winston has never impressed me. I was a Hill supporter, but I feel as a qb he trys to be too much like the next brees and not the first hill at qb.
Maybe it wasn’t reported worldwide, like Eli on a college campus!!! I’m glad no one in the front office cares about your opinion...bringing up old things from someone’s past! Hey, when he starts at qb for the SAINTS, don’t watch him then!!!

Yeah, I’ll join the crowd that’s still hoping Drew will do another season.

Look, I didn’t like Winston before the Saints... and I haven’t changed my mind at all on him. I don’t feel like either Winston or Hill is the answer for this team to win the postseason.

I thought Bridgewater was actually made up of the right fabric... and while we didn’t see him just put the team on his back and carry them... it felt like the team was better with him... it’s almost as if they supported Teddy by all playing as hard as they could... I thought those games with Teddy were some of the best ‘team wins’ we have seen in years.

And I was saying that before Teddy left too... this ain’t some revisionist crap or something. Everyone packed his bags for him before he was even out of here, and I couldn’t understand that.

Now we are trying to find someone of his level to slide into the QB spot. I find it strange. Winston just feels like ‘the best option that was available’ type thing to me... I think he’s as mediocre as one could find in the league... but we are trying to act like he’s somehow better all the sudden.
Waste of time reading that long “HATING” post about Winston! Teddy is ain’t it, and wasn’t it!!! How do you know the team won’t get behind Jameis??? Players don’t change with different organizations???!!! SMH!!!

I predict that all you guys routing for Drew's retirement will be happy for the first two months of next season and very disappointed for the next 3 years, if he does retire.

I predict that it is unlikely that Brees can play 1 full year of football healthy, and anyone who thinks he could play 3 more years is....delusional....

I never blame players for getting as much as they can, most careers are very short. That said, the big loss was not being able to re-sign Carl Nicks, who, at the time was probably the most dominant G in the NFL....

That was catastrophic all the way around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom