Im going to be 100% with everyone (about Drew Brees) (2 Viewers)

Our defense was the reason prime Drew “only” won a single superbowl.

Crazy to think that once we had a bonafide top 5 defense- they didn’t win one because of our offense.
Prime drew was not willing to re-negotiate his prime drew contract so that we could keep our veteran defense after that championship season. So I blame drew for that.

Prime drew was not willing to re-negotiate his prime drew contract so that we could keep our veteran defense after that championship season. So I blame drew for that.
We lost Scott Fujita. Who else did we lose?

I honestly don't think winston is the answer. The guy has a lot to prove and a lot of growing up to do. I never saw brees or Brady or manning or Montana "eating w's" or poking corner backs from behind to provoke a fight or grope Uber drivers at any stage in their career. They have mostly carried themselves as champions. Yeah Brady might be a cry baby to the refs, but mostly a professional on and off the field.

I think it takes a strong mindset not just a strong arm to win games. Winston has never impressed me. I was a Hill supporter, but I feel as a qb he trys to be too much like the next brees and not the first hill at qb.

Put a fork in him he's done!!

I look forward to how this team competes post Drew Brees, this team is comprised of loads of talent it can and has won without the great #9.

I'm on board with him coming back(don't think he will). But my bigger concern is what his supporting cast will look like. I'm afraid this team looks very different in 21 than it did in 20. Downgraded. But if anyone can do it, it's mickey

I'm going to be 100% honest with you, Who Dat fam. I really want Drew Brees to come back his final curfew call in upcoming 2021 season & get a proper farewell treatment.

I already know & heard what others are saying/been saying, "he's 42 years old QB." "He doesn't that strong cannon arm anymore." "He/We wasted his chances at another ring." "He has been injured prone for the past 2 seasons." He's not what he used to be." He is this, he is that, whatever I get it. I heard countless times. But the fact of the matter that, I really want Drew Brees to treated with the respect that he deserves & the NFL failed to give him, over years. And get that memorable farewell treatment just like the greats (John Elway, Jerome Bettis, Peyton Manning) once recieved. Especially, in front of his home crowd of the Superdome.

Throughout his legendary career, he always been overshadowing by the Manning-Brady rivalry, Aaron Rodgers's MVP seasons, the uprising of Patrick Mahomes & so much more. And let be honest here, the only few times that Brees's name had ever been mentioned(even for a split second) when he achieved or broke a legendary record. Then, it goes back to kissing up to Brady/Rodgers.

Bottomline is that, I really want Brees to go out on top. Winning his long-lasting 2nd ring & walk out into the sunset, without any regrets. But at the same time, I will respect his & family's decision. I trust Sean Payton & everyone else within the Saints organization for a brighter future.

Finally, a message to the great, Drew Brees.
If he does indeed retires in the next upcoming weeks, I want to say thank you for everything the Brees family has done for my home state of Louisiana. Congratulations on a phenomenal, legendary, 1st ballot HOFer career. He & his family will forever be New Orleans's Royal family. Who dat.

I am starting to bristle when people say Brees has become injury prone. Yes the last 2 years he missed games, but let's look at those injuries:

1. Thumb in the Rams game. Fluke injury against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

2. Ribs and lungs last year. Another fluke-type injury where the defender slammed him to the ground with weight on him.

Now the other stuff that Brittany tweeted about I have no idea but how fast Brees came back from both of the above injuries is beyond impressive. Not to mention how few games he has missed over his career. If he doesn't come back it won't be because he is injury prone or because he doesn't have the arm strength anymore...it will be because he is done with football and that part of his life.

I never blame players for getting as much as they can, most careers are very short. That said, the big loss was not being able to re-sign Carl Nicks, who, at the time was probably the most dominant G in the NFL....

I never blame players for getting as much as they can, most careers are very short. That said, the big loss was not being able to re-sign Carl Nicks, who, at the time was probably the most dominant G in the NFL....
I'm probably being hyperbolic here, but I honestly think if Nicks had stuck with the Saints, he'd be getting Hall of Fame consideration right now. Kinda sad that he and Bentley both left and had staph infections that derailed great careers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom