Im SICK of the Saints NOT getting RESPECT (1 Viewer)

I don't care about getting respect, and like someone else said we have to earn it(we're doing good thus far), and when we keep winning nobody will be able to deny us.....

i see your point.

Experts like dominance. Colts didn't get major props till they beat Denver and New England. All the top teams only have a couple of quality wins.

its our past haunting us.

i am sure it happened to New England back in 2001. They may have will been the Saints back then. Now they always get the benefit of the doubt.

Not really, I mean the Pats were ONLY 14 point dogs in the Superbowl that year.

The Pats get that type of respect due to multiple rings. They handed the Colts at least 4 turnovers, yet fell just short. The Colts light up Ds and have great records, but fold in the playoffs. Even if we win a title this year, it will be called a miracle season.

True respect comes after a ring, and being consistantly competitive long after. When we get on that level, we can be concerned about how our squad is respected by others. Anyway, what could we do about it?

Ticketmaster is in the conspiracy against the Saints. At the end of 2003, I bought tickets through Ticketmaster to the Saints vs. Cowboys game in New Orleans. At the beginning of 2005, I bought tickets through Ticketmaster to the Saints vs. Giants "home" opener in Giants Stadium.

To this day, I get regular e-mails from Ticketmaster everytime they have tickets available to anything Cowboys or Giants related, and I have yet to ever receive one single e-mail to any Saints-related event.

As if they have no concept that someone might actually WANT to buy Saints tickets.

/tinhatclub

But that still doesnt explain what Chris Mortensen can possibly be thinking by saying the ONLY GAME HE THOUGHT WE SHOULD WIN was vs. Green Bay in week 2. Check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

I figured 5-11 and another great offseason to contend in our division next year. Who knew what Colston, the OL, and D would do? The Bears were crying about respect earlier this year. People still overlook the Hawks, and they had a good SB showing.

I'm just not concerned about how much our squad is respected. The players can go get a ring, if they feel slighted. Blowing out the Giants could help matters...

I really think we are being homers a bit when we say we are being disrespected.

And Philly has shown that they are not as dominant as we thought when we beat them.

Exactly, who had Philly beaten before playing us?

CHEESE.

Green Bay, San Francisco, and Houston were 3 of their wins. I could put Madden on rookie and still struggle against the Eagles with those teams.

Which is exactly why it is completely subjective and should not be worried about. Someone has to be the last team ranked when a tie comes about, why not let it be the team that historically has choked away any sliver of sucess it may have achieved? Look, you and I both know that the Saints that are out on the field every Sunday are not the same ones that have been horrible all these years, but I know that if I were an outsider looking in doing one of these polls, I would be hard pressed to put the New Orleans Saints ahead of the Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, or the New York (football) Giants.

The respect will come with winning consistently. Just be glad that we're thriving in the underdog role for now.

:17: :goodpost: :rock:

I hate to use cliches, but respect is not given, it is earned. Consistancy is the key. All of the teams ahead of us have consistant winners in their organization, and we have a bunch of new faces.

It's only been half a season. You can not get complacent in the NFL especially if you're the Saints right now. The second half of our schedule is brutal, and the division is completely up for grabs. We have to win late in the season AND in the playoffs if we want this respect you speak of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom