I'm starting to think Adebo will be given the chance to start at CB. (1 Viewer)

Great response
If Payton was so happy with the DB room why bring in 2 CBs off the street this week?
Possible suspension looming is one reason I can think of. Although its just a theory on my part based on zero evidence, the QB competition could be causing alot more routes to be run with both first and second team. Its also quite possible that it is what it seems to be, they are not sold on the CB position.

Regardless of what it is we should all be in favor of more competition, it makes players better.

Great response
If Payton was so happy with the DB room why bring in 2 CBs off the street this week?
We kept AP three weeks into the season when we draft Kamara. Sometimes it's better to be prepared and not force a rookie to start. Let it happen organically.

Ruiz got thrown in the fire and had very little sympathy considering his circumstances.

We really need Ken Crawley to play like he did for us when he started his first year. He was actually pretty decent for us until he lost his confidence somewhere. Maybe our new DB coach can help him re-gain it. I think he would be the best option out of all the guys we've got if he can return to form.
Crawley never actually played well, though. Idk why this narrative bugs me so much, but I just can’t help it every time we rely on him and these comments arise. I have no idea where to find the tape from that season, but it’s out there for anyone willing to look for it. That tape will show exactly what I’ve been saying for years. I remember catching flack for it when expressing it during his “good” year.

He got extremely lucky that one year. That’s it. He also was always very handsy and drew plenty of flags, and then everyone was surprised when he “fell off” the following year. I had never seen QBs miss their targets so often when targeting Crawley that season. They weren’t missing by a lot, a yard or two here or there, but they were missing. It wasn’t Crawley shutting anyone down, unfortunately.

I hope just as much as anyone else that he has a repeat of that “good” season, and that pushes our D over the top this year, but there’s a reason why he’s bounced around and hasn’t stuck with anyone. He just isn’t good. I pray that he will be a serviceable CB2, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Last edited:
He will definitely get a shot at proving he belongs with the 1st unit but the crafty vets in front of him will not make it easy. He has the build and the skills.
Question: How would you be feeling about the situation if Adebo's ceiling 3yrs from now only gets as high as Eli Apple 1st yr with the Saints?

He will definitely get a shot at proving he belongs with the 1st unit but the crafty vets in front of him will not make it easy. He has the build and the skills.
Question: How would you be feeling about the situation if Adebo's ceiling 3yrs from now only gets as high as Eli Apple 1st yr with the Saints?
Not as bad as the Giants did with Apple because he was a first rd pick.

He sat out last year... For covid..
Yep. And like you said, he probably worked out n was hitting the weights last year. It helped to keep him in good shape, but it’s not the same as playing/goin against competition on the field.

Like most rooks, hes got some work to do n lots to learn. But most agree, he’s got a very high football IQ, n is very coachable. So I think what he may need more for now is to his legs back under him, and get in better football shape, As he does, I look for his overall play to get a lil better as well! We’ll see!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom