In case anyone is unaware of this (1 Viewer)

confused-what.gif

He's trying, that's what counts. :ROFLMAO:

• 1LOL
Reactions: MV2
Sounds more like Allen's record
It is Allen's record.

I wont defend or bash either. But i do find it interesting that Derek Carr has accumulated 4 Pro Bowls, 3757 Passing Yards (28th all-time; 6th among active), 227 Passing TDs (36th All-time; 6th among active), 64.6% pass completions (19thy All-time; 12th active)

I can see why we offered him QB13 money, if you factor in that roughly 12 QBs are still on rookie money. We really paid him bottom of the league money. Why are we surprised that we got what we paid for?

It is Allen's record.

I wont defend or bash either. But i do find it interesting that Derek Carr has accumulated 4 Pro Bowls, 3757 Passing Yards (28th all-time; 6th among active), 227 Passing TDs (36th All-time; 6th among active), 64.6% pass completions (19thy All-time; 12th active)

I can see why we offered him QB13 money, if you factor in that roughly 12 QBs are still on rookie money. We really paid him bottom of the league money. Why are we surprised that we got what we paid for?
The $$$s I have no issue with TBH, its the length of the commitment that bothers me.

We negotiated against ourselves there

Well if the Saints would stop poaching players and coaches from a crappy Raiders team… :hihi:
Wouldn't mind if we brought in Coach Gruden~! Don't think that would be considered "poaching" since he was unceremoniously "let go"~! So, I'd be ALL GOOD with CJG becoming our Coaching mentor to bring in a competitive spirit~! The players WOULD respond in a positive manner for sure~!

The $$$s I have no issue with TBH, its the length of the commitment that bothers me.

We negotiated against ourselves there
The commitment wasn't really that much either. In reality it's a 2 year, $70 million contract that we'd have to carry $10 mil of in dead money on a 3rd year.

Now, because of the rest of our cap mismanagement, that number is going to change during the off season because that is the only way to get back under the cap. But a normal team would be free of his contract in February of 2025 which is pretty reasonable given that he's been a starting QB for his entire career and we needed one desperately. Or so we thought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom