In Teddy 1st game starting... We needed TWO non-offensive TDs to win and only won by 6 points. It's highly likely that we will lose. (1 Viewer)

Teddy had over a year in our system with a real off season, OTA, and training camp.

So, it's very likely that we will lose and that's just the thing about completely rebuilding an offense around a new passer. Especially, a passer with so little chemistry and familiarity within our system.

There will be growing pains. There will be mistakes.

Courage, find some.

Are you saying that Teddy and Jameis are the same person? Is Teddy really Jameis but wearing a skin-suit? Is this Mission Impossible?

I'm also a fan of simulation theory and the multiverse theory, but there's a lot of faulty logic in saying that because Teddy did what Teddy did a year ago that Jameis will do an approximation of that in a few days.

There's so many variables you can't hinge winning on one person before the game is even played. Take a breath and let's see what happens.

Run the ball.
Agree. We really should try not to buy into being a quick strike offense with Winston's deep ball strikes. The longer the Falcons hold TOP. The worse our outlook for defense.

Our defense struggle massively when having to carry the load and losing the TOP by +5 minutes.

Are you saying that Teddy and Jameis are the same person? Is Teddy really Jameis but wearing a skin-suit? Is this Mission Impossible?

I'm also a fan of simulation theory and the multiverse theory, but there's a lot of faulty logic in saying that because Teddy did what Teddy did a year ago that Jameis will do an approximation of that in a few days.

There's so many variables you can't hinge winning on one person before the game is even played. Take a breath and let's see what happens.
Are you saying that Quaterback is plug and play and we can score 30+ points at will with anyone

behind center?

We already saw it this past week. We struggle mightily in the redzone. It won't disappear over night.

GTFOH with that worry! Whether it’s Eatin Ws or the Mormon Missile the Saints got this.

What we did with Teddys starts last year was special. Having said that, I don’t see how you can compare that to this. Different strength of opponents and totally different QB. JW didn’t have a major injury where he had to learn to trust his body again. Last time he started he was just slinging it. Teddys first start was won but he did not play very well in that game. He didn’t trust himself to push it downfield at all. You could actually see Teddy improve from week to week in that stretch. I’m not saying we are more likely to win, just that you really can’t build any information based on what a different QB did.

So b/c something happened in a game with a back up QB last year, then that dictates what will happen in this game? Transitive property doesn't work in football.
I guess I live in a new reality where teams have no drop off or offensive struggles with back-up QBs.

Division rival is always tough...agree.

Defense will be key...agree but not for defensive points Atlanta can score and no one wantsa shoot out or at least I don’t.

Yet , say Teddy’s first game back compared to Jameis first game as a Saints is comparing onions to apples. Teddy is a natural control the tempo no turnovers run the ball kinda guy. Where as Jameis is a gunslinger period. The key to this game will be turnovers and red zone effeciency. We lose turnover margin ball game but that’s almost always the case. We lose red zone FGs instead of TDs same thing. The only difference is we are all very nervous about turnovers.

The elephant in the room 30/30 2019 year for Jameis will he repeat or is he going to be better. That’s it...can he not turnover the ball as much. I believe he will have turnovers just how many....if he has none at all we stay on a winning streak until Brees returns.

I can't believe people still think that one NFL game is just like another. Basing the prediction of an outcome of a game on last year's game with a different QB, a few different starters (on O and D) and different teams with different injuries and situations is insanity.

Anything can happen in any NFL game, but it will have nothing to do with what happened last year....

Can this go to Locker Room or something? Getting tired of reading posts like this after every win EVERY WEEK

Teddy had over a year in our system with a real off season, OTA, and training camp.

So, it's very likely that we will lose and that's just the thing about completely rebuilding an offense around a new passer. Especially, a passer with so little chemistry and familiarity within our system.

There will be growing pains. There will be mistakes. If we squeak out a win. It will be our toughest win of the year.

We need to put Matty on his teakettle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom