In the land of the blind... and the Saints prayer (2 Viewers)

I just want to say that for me, it's awesome to see a st dude post. You have been sorely missed!

Hope that your health is good and you are enjoying your retirement!

-Andrus
Thx to you and others for the kind words Andrus. My health is good, if you had bet the over on me 5 yrs ago you would have won money. I’m retired from one business but started another, but just work when I want to. My golf traveling handicap, my bragging handicap and my betting handicap all peeked into single digits this year, but last week I was back to awful.

My saints suck but I’m easier to please than most. Every year when we get to December and are still in the playoff hunt, I’m happy for that. It’s good to get on your site and see all the familiar names.

I figure if we can get 8 field goals and a few turnovers, we can win, maybe 24-21.

Vegas has us only a 4 point dog. And its Detroit.
Yeah, It's Detroit.

Deja vu!

Step back in time to November 8, 1970, then morph back into real time.

The Saints start slow as usual this year, falling behind early in the first half 17-0.

D.A. serves up Apple Turnovers to the entire team at halftime to get his message across. The defense responds after making halftime adjustments and gets downright stingy in the 3rd quarter. Adebo gets the Turnover the Saints desperately needed, a pick 6.

Trailing by 10, the Saints rely on Grupe to make 3 consecutive 2nd half FGs to make the score 17-16. With time running out the Saints send Grupe out to attempt a 63-yard FG, with just 2 seconds remaining in the game. When it sails over the crossbar as time expires, the crowd goes wild celebrating a 19-17 Saints victory over the Lions.

In post-game interviews Grupe says he was prepared to make at least 8 FGs, even if it felt like he only had half a leg left, if he was called upon to do so.

He's hailed as the Miniature Great Dane, Blake The Make, and Little Dimples!

Somewhere Alex Karras has a strange feeling he's seen this play out this way before.

Take that home with you Detroit!

And while you're in the arena here posting maybe you could change the Saints luck by coming out of retirement and whipping up a good ole fashioned st dude KWTPF thread by the dotless one and spreading the good gospel hear for all to read. I'm not sure why Bill hasn't posted one yet. He could have writers block with what we have all witnessed as of late, or he could be afraid of the backlash of those who have no hope and are quick to chastise those who do. Hope Springs Eternal! The Saints got their first miracle of the week when the Seahawks lost last night. Who Dat!
The atmosphere of the forum has not been one that makes people eager to read the column. Since our losing streak began, the weekly write-ups we’re quickly getting lost on the 2nd or 3rd page of the SSF.

I have plenty to write about if we had an optimistic crowd to read the column. But there really isn’t a good reason to spend the time to write something that only a small handful of members want to read.
:sad:

I'm not one to show favoritism in the public domain, but st dude is my all time favorite poster. That's just a fact. I remember when he first appeared back in the late 90's during the Ditka years, he added a dimension of out of the ordinary comical wit to the discussions that helped keep things light, and raised our spirits, and I am grateful for it. He's a treasure.

I often think of this board and those days. And the great Warren Zevon- in the throes of terminal cancer- when asked by David Letterman if he had any parting words, and he said “enjoy every sandwich”.

We sucked so bad in the 60s through the 90s. And as much as I hated losing, I found this place and a bunch of folks who - whether they realized it or not - were enjoying every sandwich.

There is a lesson there about being a saints fan- especially in this Dennis Allen era- but I suppose it takes a bunch of hindsight to see it. It least it did for me:)

The atmosphere of the forum has not been one that makes people eager to read the column. Since our losing streak began, the weekly write-ups we’re quickly getting lost on the 2nd or 3rd page of the SSF.

I have plenty to write about if we had an optimistic crowd to read the column. But there really isn’t a good reason to spend the time to write something that only a small handful of members want to read.
:sad:
In the darkest hour it's always hardest to find the light. Don't be discouraged by those who relish in blowing out candles.

The column is worthy of it's place and you put great effort into making it a good read. I for one enjoy reading it each week, and as you already know by now, I sometimes differ in opinion, but that only cofirms that the subject matter is engaging.

Take your BYE week and enjoy your rest. The oncoming weeks could be as challenging as ever to figure out who's Cinderella and who's Cinderfella. Hopefully the Saints get invited to the big dance by years end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom