interesting fact (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rob Ryan brought Matt Elam's brother (Abram Elam S) into the Browns and when he left to Dallas brought him there too. So he knows and likes what those Elam safeties bring. I know it doesn't mean anything, just trivia.

When i hopped on the Matt Elam Bandwagon this was my main clenching point.

However, i dont see a role for Elam tht would justify him being our pick....yet.

Harper or Jenkins woukd have to be out of the picture. Harper traded or Jenkins moved to corner. Not sure i see either happening......YET

Interesting indeed. I watched some cut ups on Elam this weekend. I like him. Reminds me of Donte Whitner. Hard hitting in the box guy, all over the field, tackle machine, decent in coverage but not ideal. I value him as a late 1st early 2nd round type of player.

I think it's to early to take Elam better players on the board but if we did I wouldn't be mad at cha, Elam is a baller and is a headhunter on d we beenacking

the role I see for him is slot cb and SS, lets see if harpers cap number gets him cut

Hard hitting in the box guy, all over the field, tackle machine, decent in coverage but not ideal.

My comment will be about the safety position in general, not Elam in particular since I know so little about him. I don't think it's in the Saints best interests to select more players who are "decent in coverage", considering all the passing that's going on in the NFL now. Seems to me we have enough of those already.

My comment will be about the safety position in general, not Elam in particular since I know so little about him. I don't think it's in the Saints best interests to select more players who are "decent in coverage", considering all the passing that's going on in the NFL now. Seems to me we have enough of those already.

Cant disagree. I would just like to see us improve our pass rush.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting indeed. I watched some cut ups on Elam this weekend. I like him. Reminds me of Donte Whitner. Hard hitting in the box guy, all over the field, tackle machine, decent in coverage but not ideal. I value him as a late 1st early 2nd round type of player.

Reminds me of another certain safety from Alabama that we already have on our roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom