Interview with a Vampire TV Series (1 Viewer)

I didn’t realize that he was Grayworm until I was listening to the companion podcast and heard Bogosian gushing over working with him. And the interviewer brings more to the table than I thought that role would allow as well.

I’ve only just now caught up to the live releases because I was busy wasting my time on Ozark. I think the recreation of Old New Orleans was extremely well done. And we have less room to trip over botched accents since it’s set a few hundred years ago. I’m liking the show. Episode 4 seemed like a comedy which was an odd choice but it didn’t turn me off to the entire series.
The actual Storyville along with its' modern look. The first 3 buildings from the left, were built pretty much exactly the same.

storyville (1).jpg

We also should consider, especially for Claudia, that there would be different accents for different classes and groups of people.
The essential issue is that it comes across as a performance and not a natural speech pattern/pitch
Like Aiden Gille’s accents in both GoT and The Wire just technically suck (no consistency, no foundation), but he plays it off as his (character’s) natural speech
The Claudia actor will learn eventually, she’s just not there yet

I'm loving this show. I actually picked it up because of this thread. Newsgroups for some reason downloaded Ep. 6 as well, so I'm going have to wait for a new episode.

**EP 6****

What is Rashid? I never read Anne Rice novels, are there other immortal being in her universe?

I'm loving this show. I actually picked it up because of this thread. Newsgroups for some reason downloaded Ep. 6 as well, so I'm going have to wait for a new episode.

**EP 6****

What is Rashid? I never read Anne Rice novels, are there other immortal being in her universe?

There are, yes. Like Frank Herbert's Dune series, the Vampire universe goes pretty far afield toward the end. I'm hoping the showrunners are able to take the opportunity to clean it up and improve it.

(Imagine if JRR and Christopher Tolkien kept writing after Return of the King and wound up with aliens, mummies and precognitive AI all mixed up in there.)

I'm a few episodes behind

So my understanding is once you are turned into a vampire you stop aging at that moment

Is that what would have happened if Louis had turned the baby? I'm assuming the baby would stop growing but would it mature mentally, to think and talk? (into a baby Herman thing) or just forever a baby, that needs to be fed blood?

Last edited:
I'm a few episodes behind

So my understanding is once you are turned into a vampire you stop aging at that moment

Is that what would have happened if Louis turned the baby? I'm assuming the baby would stop growing but would it mature mentally, to think and talk? (into a baby Herman thing) or just forever a baby, that needs blood?

In the book, Claudia is like...five or six. Her mind ages but she never gains the true maturity that comes with physical age. It costs her dearly in the end.

IIRC were a vampire to turn a baby, it'd go completely insane in short order as its mind matures but it never gains full motor control of its body. Imagine Baby Herman, but he can't reliably get that stogie to his mouth and he still craps himself.

**EP 6****

Yes and not only that but AMC and the same crew are also taking on her other supernatural series, The Mayfair Witch chronicles. In the books, she kept the two worlds separated even though much of them both took place in NOLA. She did finally have them come together but it was at the end of the series (s) and the books are actually quite weak by the time even for someone who considers themselves a fan, as I do. The witch series actually goes into a tailspin by book number two but the first one “The Witching Hour” was her best work IMO and it isn’t even close. There is also a stand alone mummy book.

Yes and not only that but AMC and the same crew are also taking on her other supernatural series, The Mayfair Witch chronicles. In the books, she kept the two worlds separated even though much of them both took place in NOLA. She did finally have them come together but it was at the end of the series (s) and the books are actually quite weak by the time even for someone who considers themselves a fan, as I do. The witch series actually goes into a tailspin by book number two but the first one “The Witching Hour” was her best work IMO and it isn’t even close. There is also a stand alone mummy book.

The Immortal Universe is a showrunner's dream. It's a popular, accessible IP with a deceased creator that has some universally admitted weak spots.
They can take Rice's inspiration and make it better.
Drop some of the weirder junk from later on, draw the whole thing together from the start, etc.

I love the trilogy of those books but only read it once.

The Immortal Universe is a showrunner's dream. It's a popular, accessible IP with a deceased creator that has some universally admitted weak spots.
They can take Rice's inspiration and make it better.
Drop some of the weirder junk from later on, draw the whole thing together from the start, etc.
I definitely agree. I just hope they stay away from anything that feels like the teen romances that much of the genre has become. Much of that stuff spun off of Rices Vampire books but in inspiration only.

I think they should stay away from the Taltos creatures completely. There is enough great characters and interesting history with the tanglings of Lasher and the Mayfairs.

Really enjoyed this season

Claudia, you sneaky sneak. I figured she wasn’t “talking” to Louis because she didn’t want another vampire eavesdropping, but daaaaaamn. Good way to throw us off from the movie “death” (and I think the book?)

And…Armand!

Really enjoyed this season

Claudia, you sneaky sneak. I figured she wasn’t “talking” to Louis because she didn’t want another vampire eavesdropping, but daaaaaamn. Good way to throw us off from the movie “death” (and I think the book?)

And…Armand!
The fact that Armand is still alive in 2022 and Claudia isn't here or with them in Dubai means in Season 2 Louis and Claudia revisit the old World during WWII-era Paris during German occupation and thats where if the TV series more closely follows the film version, Claudia's antics and her young, brash, eternally youthful impulsive nature, gets her and maybe Louis initially, into trouble with Armand's violent, cult-like vampire coven. As with the 1994 film, Armand won't tolerate or likely grows fed up with her antics and convinces Louis to either send her away or his coven does what they did in the film: they burn her alive.

Armand isn't as patient or as tolerant as Lestat was towards a 3-way vampire family. Lestat may have wanted to kill or shut up Claudia at times but he never wouldve gone through with it because it wouldve hurt Louis in the process and he tolerated her antics and behavior. Armand sees Claudia as a troublesome brat and given how there was a bit of tension hinted at between Louis/Claudia over handing Lestat's corpse or throwing him out with the garbage, where Louis knew Lestat would emerge and feed on the rats and be able to regain his strength. Armand likely will exploit that tension and force Louis to choose between his child and his lover and this time, Claudia loses out and she ends up being burnt toast in a Parisian catacomb.

We haven't seen the last of Lestat in this series. Far from it. There's a halfway decent chance Lestat is living in Dubai and if the series works in a similar fashion to the film, he'll use Daniel Milloy as his ploy/familiar/revenge pawn to get back at Louis/Armand. Milloy interests Lestat because of his history, past work and relationship with Louis and his knowledge, intelligence of the worldwide vampire community, who don't exactly want anyone of their own, revealing to the outside world that they exist, who they are, where they live and how long they've been around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom