Invincible coming to Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Might be just me, but it seems a bit "wander-y" right now like the writers had a map up to the end of season 1, but aren't sure where they're going right now.
Maybe they're just involved in set up (the post-scene gave that impression), but the plot seems random now rather than focused like season 1 was.
This episode was fine, but felt like filler.

J. K. Simmons reveals his pick for who should play Omni-Man in the live-action Invincible movie. Simmons voices the Viltrumite in Prime Video's critically acclaimed Invincible animated series, which is based on the comic book series of the same name. The show follows Omni-Man's son, Mark (Steven Yeun), who discovers he is half-Viltrumite and must decide what kind of superhero he wants to be. Since before the animated series premiered, a live-action comic book adaptation has also been in the works, raising interest in how the live cast will compare to the animated voice cast.

While speaking exclusively to Screen Rant, Simmons addressed who he thinks should play his Invincible character in live-action. First, Simmons essentially shut down the idea of playing the live-action role himself, noting that he didn't want a "70-year-old Omni-Man" in the movie. Next, he revealed that Hugh Jackman was the one actor who popped into his head for the role. Although he's uncertain if Jackman would be interested, he explained that the actor's physical build, maturity, gravitas, and versatility make him a strong choice. Check out his statement below:

Well, we've seen how jacked I could get 8 or 9 years ago, and since I have not dipped into the marvel of modern medical science in efforts to get jacked, I just eat protein and lift weights, I don't think a 70-year-old Omni-Man is what I would want to see in the movie. I'm not going to lie, you're not the first person to ask this question, and the first time I kind of fumbled around for a minute, and then I thought 'Oh, Hugh Jackman.'
I have no idea if he would be remotely open to the idea, but I think there's a kind of maturity and gravitas to Hugh. But he's enough of a genetically blessed brick poop house of a dude, and enough younger than I am, and you know, a really wonderful and versatile actor that if I was casting it, that'd be my first call. This is completely me off the top of my head, and I hope I'm not annoying any of the people who are actually going to be doing that job.

Updates on the live-action Invincible adaptation have been few and far between since it was confirmed in 2017. Hence, Simmons' brief insight on the project is welcomed. One of the biggest questions is whether any of the voice cast will reprise their roles in live-action. While no casting is confirmed, Simmons' disinterest in Omni-Man raises the likelihood of a new actor being cast. Additionally, even if he's not in a lead role, Simmons could still cameo and be reunited with Yeun, who is rumored to appear in some capacity in live-action.............

I took the time between the break to re-read the comics... haven't started season 2 part 2 yet though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom