Is drafting a RT at 14 the right value? (2 Viewers)

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Mock drafts have all but decided the team will draft OT prospects like Fuaga or Latham to replace Ram (or to move Fuaga to LT). I have my doubts that drafting a RT is good value at that pick. Premium tackle positions are Left Tackles but its unlikely the team will get to to draft a stud Left Tackle at that position. So, would drafting a RT at that position be considered a reach? Should the team reach for one, or wait for the second round (since its a deep tackle class).
Should the team stay the course and draft BPA? Is it considered a reach to draft Fuaga or Latham?

Every. Single. Year. There is a player that falls that was expected to be a very high pick. Usually it falls into the late teens. I’m hoping we can be the team to take advantage of one of those players. I’m hearing that one of the wide receivers may fall And possibly Brock Bowers. I know the front office wants to stick to its plan for free agency and spending but if a top seven or eight talent falls to us then I think we should go for it and fill the tackle need in free agency.

Or what if if a player like Dallas Turner were too fall? As unlikely as it may seem, what if Malik Nabors were to fall?
Or what about Jared verse? I don’t think we should be pigeonholed into a tackle.

Every. Single. Year. There is a player that falls that was expected to be a very high pick. Usually it falls into the late teens. I’m hoping we can be the team to take advantage of one of those players. I’m hearing that one of the wide receivers may fall And possibly Brock Bowers. I know the front office wants to stick to its plan for free agency and spending but if a top seven or eight talent falls to us then I think we should go for it and fill the tackle need in free agency.

Or what if if a player like Dallas Turner were too fall? As unlikely as it may seem, what if Malik Nabors were to fall?
Or what about Jared verse? I don’t think we should be pigeonholed into a tackle.
That´s what I'm thinking. That's why I talk about value. If the tackle class is so deep, what would be the difference between grabbing Fashanu, Latham, Fuaga at 14 or Morgan, Mims, Guyton at 45?

That´s what I'm thinking. That's why I talk about value. If the tackle class is so deep, what would be the difference between grabbing Fashanu, Latham, Fuaga at 14 or Morgan, Mims, Guyton at 45?
It's an interesting question. Would you rather have?:

A) Fashanu(or other) + McConkey/Coleman/Wilson/Pearsall/Legette/etc

B) Brian Thomas Jr + Morgan/Paul/Guyton/Sumataia/etc

Seems like many of yall fail to understand the question. It’s asked about value.
Example:
The 5th/6th ranked Tackle would not be the better value if the 3rd/4th ranked WR is there. Would not be a better value if the 2nd ranked DE is there. Most definitely would not be the better value if the 3rd ranked QB is there (just saying). If you ignore this, then you are solely drafting on need and not BPA. If somehow the 2nd or 3rd ranked OT is there at 14, then there’s an argument to be made.

Seems like many of yall fail to understand the question. It’s asked about value.
Example:
The 5th/6th ranked Tackle would not be the better value if the 3rd/4th ranked WR is there. Would not be a better value if the 2nd ranked DE is there. Most definitely would not be the better value if the 3rd ranked QB is there (just saying). If you ignore this, then you are solely drafting on need and not BPA. If somehow the 2nd or 3rd ranked OT is there at 14, then there’s an argument to be made.
Does anyone think that 5 OT are going in the first 13 picks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom