Is gasoline this volatile in your area? (1 Viewer)

What I don't get is when the price of crude goes down, the "experts" come out and say you will see a price drop in a couple of days when the gas stations have sold off their higher price gas. But when the price of crude goes up, the gas stations immediately raise their prices. :dunno:

I wish that we could smurf up the "Gas Prices vs. Mid Term Elections." thread from the old board...

Cause I really wanna say I told you so...

We as the common people want to show the man who's in control... Have a national "No Pizza Delievery day" to save gas and see what happens then. Think about it.:covermyeyes:

Joe

Last edited:
Where i live a gallon of has has been rising 1 cent a day for over two weeks.

Today: $3.21 a gallon.

What I don't get is when the price of crude goes down, the "experts" come out and say you will see a price drop in a couple of days when the gas stations have sold off their higher price gas. But when the price of crude goes up, the gas stations immediately raise their prices. :dunno:

It has to due with the fact that gas stations make very little on a gallon of gas. when the price of gas falls, they take a good cash flow hit on expensive inventories that they have to sell at below cost prices. To compensate for this, they have to leave the prices higher and bring them down slowly to make up for that lost cash.

On the filp side, when oil prices spike, they will not have enough cash on had to replenish their inventory so they must raise prices immediately to build up cash reserves to be able to continue to purchase inventory at high prices in the near future.

NC and SC prices are climbing too. We have not hit the $3.00 mark yet, but i paid right under that today for premium. Wonder what's up -

One thing I just don't get, is how are gas prices so fluctuating, yet the oil companies are making more money than ever. While I understand the Capitalist aspect, I just don't think it is right. Is there no way we can set limits? I mean at least a law saying gas prices can only change once a day. Or better yet, stop Gas speculators who artiicially inflate oil prices. Thi is crazy, at least if we are in Iraq, we should be in control of their oil, at the least.

cnn....front page...http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/26/news/economy/gas_prices/index.htm?cnn=yes

$4 gas is coming.

What puzzles me is this looks EERILY similar to that of Enron. They purposefully shut down electric plants to "create" higher demand. Another article talks about "refining capacity" at 80%? With the BILLIONS these oil companies are clearing, has anyone asked if a NEW refinery has been built in the last 15 years? Why not?

To boot, most gas prices are subject to "transport costs" so those living further away, historically, would see higher pricing due to the cost to get the gas there. Some days it seems the closer you are to the refinery, the MORE expensive it is.

Higher Fuel Prices

Here's a little note that I received yesterday.

* Geopolitical continued tensions--------------always bullish.

* Europe's gasoline stocks are critically low. You say, so what. Well, we import a lot of European gasoline, so we are getting in really deep doodoo when you see the charts below.

* China's 1st Qtr growth is estimated at 11%-------------means they are not going back to riding bicycles. Last year's oil imports grew by an estimated 8.8% and are expected to take the number one position of the world's biggest oil consumer over the U.S. How about that? Now, if we could get them to agree to emissions control like President Bush has asked of them, then he might get back into the Kyoto Treaty. China and India were excluded from the Kyoto Treaty back in the 90's and were not required to control gas emissions. That was not the most intelligent thing to do because their emissions affect the atmosphere just as much as the U.S. -------------obviously because they are the two biggest growing countries in the world and should adhere to world emission standards just like everyone else. Will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine on that.

* Demand is really ramping up. World demand is now looking at hitting 86 million barrels of crude oil a day sooner than expected. The kicker is ------the world can only produce 85 million bbls/day.

* The U.S. has refinery problems right now. Analysts expected refinery output to be over 90% this week, but it went down to 87.8%. Yikes! We need more refineries------------that will work!!!

* Hurricane season is expected to be active-----------that's a toss up. Only God knows on this one.

* China's 1st Qtr growth is estimated at 11%-------------means they are not going back to riding bicycles. .

wouldnt that be something...China not riding bikes, but Americans are. whoa....

Consider yourselves lucky. It's between £3 and £4 per gallon here, which is about $8.:cussing:

Consider yourselves lucky. It's between £3 and £4 per gallon here, which is about $8.:cussing:

Yeah but we got big roads and huge trucks. We are used to cheap gas, and tons of driving. Gas has always been high acroos the pond ecause of high British taxes. Most of Europe as always been high. But why ar we selling gas to the Irqi's for a quarter a gallon? I belive that gas should be spoils of war.

Just thought you'd like to know, there's a gas strike organizing on the facebook set for May 15th. They had a good amount of people on it already.

I know, I know, if you don't by gas on the 15th, you'll buy it on the 14th or 16th but it may still send a message if enough people can do it.

They claim it worked a long time ago.

Just thought you'd like to know, there's a gas strike organizing on the facebook set for May 15th. They had a good amount of people on it already.

I know, I know, if you don't by gas on the 15th, you'll buy it on the 14th or 16th but it may still send a message if enough people can do it.

They claim it worked a long time ago.

It doesn't work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom