Is Jameis Ready? (1 Viewer)

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Is Jameis ready? I always thought his maturity level lacking. Does anyone have any insight on his development?

I personally don't think Taysom is the answer. He is great at what he does but I don't feel he is ready to run the offense.

Are we in search for someone new?

Last edited:
Since you ask ... well there is a lot to like about Jameis!

Note: No need to waste your time reading my "Pro Jameis" opinion if your mind is already made up that Jameis is a lost cause. Just skip over and spare yourself the agony.

He is still a young man with 5 years of starter experience. He has great size and arm strength, pocket presence, and good throwing mechanics. Many here are quick to dismiss him but believe it or not, if you've ever actually read up on the man, he is very intelligent and an excellent leader out on the field. Yes he's a genuine goof ball at times. Always has been since he was a child. Enjoys clowning around and does silly stuff. Just trying to make funny with his friends. But under that exterior is an intense competitor. Teammates love to play for him, just as he does for them. All the yack about his interceptions is overblown. I'll just say if you do some research the turnovers are not all his fault. Tired of haters being closed minded - let it go move on. Weigh out the positives -vs- negatives and you might also agree we have in front of us a great opportunity in New Orleans with Jameis. As they say 'hide and watch'. Under Coach Payton's tutelage he will open up this offense and limit his turnovers.

We have a #1 draft pick that won a national championship at FSU and somehow managed to survive in a terrible situation in Tampa. He has a season in our locker room so there is no reason to spend a bunch of future high draft picks hoping to strike gold. Use the picks on other necessities. Find a way to re-sign Jameis and give him a ligament chance to prove he can lead and win in a Sean Payton offense.

Saints don't need to mess around because Jameis will have suiters this off season. In fact we might not even be able to match what another team offers him.

Don’t disagree with any of that. Hopefully a year with Payton and Drew have served him well.

Is Jamis ready? I always thought his maturity level lacking. Does anyone have any insight on his development?

I personally don't think Taysom is the answer. He is great at what he does but I don't feel he is ready to run the offense.

Are we in search for someone new?
He showed that in the game we lost right

Since you ask ... well there is a lot to like about Jameis!

Note: No need to waste your time reading my "Pro Jameis" opinion if your mind is already made up that Jameis is a lost cause. Just skip over and spare yourself the agony.

He is still a young man with 5 years of starter experience. He has great size and arm strength, pocket presence, and good throwing mechanics. Many here are quick to dismiss him but believe it or not, if you've ever actually read up on the man, he is very intelligent and an excellent leader out on the field. Yes he's a genuine goof ball at times. Always has been since he was a child. Enjoys clowning around and does silly stuff. Just trying to make funny with his friends. But under that exterior is an intense competitor. Teammates love to play for him, just as he does for them. All the yack about his interceptions is overblown. I'll just say if you do some research the turnovers are not all his fault. Tired of haters being closed minded - let it go move on. Weigh out the positives -vs- negatives and you might also agree we have in front of us a great opportunity in New Orleans with Jameis. As they say 'hide and watch'. Under Coach Payton's tutelage he will open up this offense and limit his turnovers.

We have a #1 draft pick that won a national championship at FSU and somehow managed to survive in a terrible situation in Tampa. He has a season in our locker room so there is no reason to spend a bunch of future high draft picks hoping to strike gold. Use the picks on other necessities. Find a way to re-sign Jameis and give him a ligament chance to prove he can lead and win in a Sean Payton offense.

Saints don't need to mess around because Jameis will have suiters this off season. In fact we might not even be able to match what another team offers him.
Jameis is that you? Lol nah but this is well put together!! If I had the time I would’ve couldn’t have said it better!! But they not ready

If anyone knows it's our FO. They've seen him practice all year.
Problem with Winston is that I am sure he looks great in practice. Talent has never been the issue with him. My issue with Winston is that time and time again in Tampa he seemed to crack under pressure when the lights are on. Maybe it will change here. We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom