Is the DNA of the team now DA (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Every NFL team has an DNA about it. For the last two years I couldn’t define what ours was, at least since Drew and Sean left the team.

Enter Dennis Allen as head coach and all sense of discipline seemed to completely evaporate. The culture changed. There was no accountability anymore. There was very little commeradity.

Now, Dennis Allen is cool. And more importantly, he’s holding players accountable.

Is he becoming the new DNA that will set this team on the right path to success and the playoffs? Has he finally figured out how to be a head coach?

That's why it takes time for organizations to change when there is a change in leadership. He had to get rid of the malcontents and players that weren't bought into the new way of doing things. Funny thing, many of the SP regime players are still around and it's only a few, one in particular that is gone which made a huge positive culture impact on the team once he was gone.

Every NFL team has an DNA about it. For the last two years I couldn’t define what ours was, at least since Drew and Sean left the team.

Enter Dennis Allen as head coach and all sense of discipline seemed to completely evaporate. The culture changed. There was no accountability anymore. There was very little commeradity.

Now, Dennis Allen is cool. And more importantly, he’s holding players accountable.

Is he becoming the new DNA that will set this team on the right path to success and the playoffs? Has he finally figured out how to be a head coach?
I'd say yes....it's DAs DNA now. And while I desperately want this all to be true, until I see it, it's just clever marketing by the front office to maintain ticket sales. Geaux Saints!

I made a huge mistake. Some IDIOT decided to post every individual game from 2009 on youtube (Bart Simpson). And i went ahead and watched them, like an IDIOT.
The below two games, we won, and Drew had 0 TD passes in both games. These are games 3 and 4 and the vibe and intensity was that of a playoff game. An intensity that we were only to match once in 2023 (our final game of the season). The intensity you can cut with a knife. For example, One series into the game and our players are fighting their players. Guys, i have to admit on the ledge now, im not seeing this level of intensity. Hopefully DA does have this in him. Lets be real, he was there with 3G and SP, so he knows what it takes. To get me off the ledge, im going to have to see an intense desperate pissed off team early and thruout this season.

I think I'm just getting to the point I'm going to block people.

That's why it takes time for organizations to change when there is a change in leadership. He had to get rid of the malcontents and players that weren't bought into the new way of doing things. Funny thing, many of the SP regime players are still around and it's only a few, one in particular that is gone which made a huge positive culture impact on the team once he was gone.
See... when you aren't pushed up against the cap you can turn over the culture of the team much faster than 3+ years.

.....Que the folks telling me kicking the can isn't a problem...

See... when you aren't pushed up against the cap you can turn over the culture of the team much faster than 3+ years.

.....Que the folks telling me kicking the can isn't a problem...

It wasn't a problem until it was. They had to deal with the loss of a HOF QB, HOF Coach and an aging roster that was chasing a ring for the HOF QB. All that came due when the coach quit so the new coach and it wouldn't have mattered who it was had to deal with that. Shipped out the ones who weren't on board with the changes, made the changes and now things are looking pretty good.

DA is a scrapper. His results may not show it but he's a born leader and it just took Loomis shaking up the roster some to find the right mix of guys to follow him into battle.

You can throw all the stats and history out the window. DA has something to prove this year and has his guy at QB with a new contract showing the team's commitment to building a winner.

Having TC in California, which is closer to Carr's hometown of Fresno will also be great for the team. I predict the huge number of Cali-based Carr fanatics will more than make up for the lack of New Orleans fans in attendance. Plus the cooler weather will prevent injuries and lead to a fresher team come playoff time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom