It’s Andy Reid, stupid! (1 Viewer)

The playcalling of Andy Reid is the key to this dynasty. Mahomes is fabulous but what an easy job Reid makes it for him. On the last two Chiefs drives, Mahomes was dumping to receivers schemed open by Reid, EVERY SINGLE PASS, and they were wide open.
I dunno sounds you just trying down Mahomes because hes the new golden boy. Mahomes has been to like 4 super bowls and started for 6 years and won 3. I dont know why anyone try to discredit him. Dude went 34/46 333 yds 2 tds 1 int, and was also the leading rusher with 9 carries 66 yds and won the game Andy Reid a great coach but Mahomes is executing Reids game plan at a legendary level. I feel this reaching

Who do people stubbornly pursue the idea that there's only one thing that ultimately determines an eventual outcome? Whether positive or negative?

That's what's stupid.
Like everything else...people are so one sided in their thinking on issues and don't realize there is a completely other view coming up the other side of the mountain. I am in a people profession & deal with it all the time. People see just their point and get mad when they don't get their way and just are oblivious to all the other aspects that go into decision making...either by ignorance or choice.

I dunno sounds you just trying down Mahomes because hes the new golden boy. Mahomes has been to like 4 super bowls and started for 6 years and won 3. I dont know why anyone try to discredit him. Dude went 34/46 333 yds 2 tds 1 int, and was also the leading rusher with 9 carries 66 yds and won the game Andy Reid a great coach but Mahomes is executing Reids game plan at a legendary level. I feel this reaching
What 34/46 looks like in Andy Reid's system

GGHCblXXgAANvNw

Every is like "OMG, Purdy is a game manager" but 333 yards when 29 (85%) of your completions were less than 10 air yards (24of those completions less than 5 yards), it is a scheme thing. We love the highlight plays but this 80% of is throws is hitting wide open receivers on short throws.

Reid has had good offenses in the past, but he has never had a consistent top-8 offense by DVOA until he was paired with Mahomes. For the first five years with Mahomes, KC was in the top three each year, and they were 8th in 2021.

Prior to having six consecutive top 8 finishes with Mahomes, Reid had 7 in 19 years, and he only had consecutive top 8 finishes twice (2006-2007 and 2010-2011). Reid had two top 3 finishes in 19 years before having five consecutive top 3 finishes with Mahomes between 2018-2022.

It's hard to say that Reid alone is the main reason the Chiefs are as good on offense as they have been since Mahomes became the starter.

Reid has had good offenses in the past, but he has never had a consistent top-8 offense by DVOA until he was paired with Mahomes. For the first five years with Mahomes, KC was in the top three each year, and they were 8th in 2021.

Prior to having six consecutive top 8 finishes with Mahomes, Reid had 7 in 19 years, and he only had consecutive top 8 finishes twice (2006-2007 and 2010-2011). Reid had two top 3 finishes in 19 years before having five consecutive top 3 finishes with Mahomes between 2018-2022.

It's hard to say that Reid alone is the main reason the Chiefs are as good on offense as they have been since Mahomes became the starter.
Yep..to say that it is all Reid or all Mahomes is crazy. To say that it is all Reid is saying, you haven't ever watched Mahomes games. To walk like he walks, it is amazing how good he is. :LOL: And then to say it is all Mahomes, you are disregarding how good Andy Reid's teams have been in the past without him. Pair them up & you have what you have. I think a lot of people are looking at the Brady Super Bowl with Tampa & how bad Belly has been in NE since then to form their opinions. I still don't think NE would have won all of those SB's without Brady & Belly together....along with the refs.

GGHCblXXgAANvNw

Every is like "OMG, Purdy is a game manager" but 333 yards when 29 (85%) of your completions were less than 10 air yards (24of those completions less than 5 yards), it is a scheme thing. We love the highlight plays but this 80% of is throws is hitting wide open receivers on short throws.

It doesnt matter Mahomes makes those throws short, deep or mid it doesnt matter. I dont even know how this is valid argument?, this one of 3 superbowls Mahomes has won and 1 game out of his career. Mahomes is executing Reids scheme on a Legendary level. Purdy is more criticize because he has a team that is loaded with talent on the outside and running back. And the 49ers reach the super bowl with almost the same team without him, with a dude who wasnt that good at qb. I dont think thats a good reason to knock either Brock Purdy because hes a very good qb as well. I dunno it just sounds like people are hating on this man because he is good. It is what it is

I feel you, as they were top 8 twice I believe from 2013-2017. I want to say the lowest they placed was Reid's first season there and they were usually close to top 10 with a receiving group worse than this season..lol. I'm not saying that it was a lock that he would do it but with the offensive shift we saw after making Tyreek Hill WR1, I believe that Smith would have had a few consecutive seasons as well, seeing as they were top 5 in 2017.

It doesnt matter Mahomes makes those throws short, deep or mid it doesnt matter. I dont even know how this is valid argument?, this one of 3 superbowls Mahomes has won and 1 game out of his career. Mahomes is executing Reids scheme on a Legendary level. Purdy is more criticize because he has a team that is loaded with talent on the outside and running back. And the 49ers reach the super bowl with almost the same team without him, with a dude who wasnt that good at qb. I dont think thats a good reason to knock either Brock Purdy because hes a very good qb as well. I dunno it just sounds like people are hating on this man because he is good. It is what it is
I'm not hating, at all. I just look at the games. Most people love Mahomes based on highlights but when they really look at games, it's the 2017 offense with a green light..lol. I've said it in the post that you quoted that Mahomes has been the best in Reid's system but I watched games just like everyone else and the chart that I put up is par for the course for a Mahomes/Reid gameplan. Is he executing? Yes he is but Purdy is getting destroyed because Jones came through full speed unblocked and he had to get rid of the ball immediately while the last 2 drives were Mahomes dinking and dunking to wide open receivers.

GGHCblXXgAANvNw

Which is more impressive by Mahomes bc the Niners secondary is their Achilles heel. Dude worked the Niners 1st and 2nd line of defense with almost zero weapons to rely on. Just marvel in the greatest bc guys like him don’t come around often

I'm not hating, at all. I just look at the games. Most people love Mahomes based on highlights but when they really look at games, it's the 2017 offense with a green light..lol. I've said it in the post that you quoted that Mahomes has been the best in Reid's system but I watched games just like everyone else and the chart that I put up is par for the course for a Mahomes/Reid gameplan. Is he executing? Yes he is but Purdy is getting destroyed because Jones came through full speed unblocked and he had to get rid of the ball immediately while the last 2 drives were Mahomes dinking and dunking to wide open receivers.
Thats the part i dont understand what do you want him to do. His job is to throw to wide open receivers. Rather it scheme or not if he should always take wide open receivers especially with the game on the line. It's like you're saying hes not good or maybe not better then Purdy because he threw to wide open receivers in the flat. Purdy was getting hit yet Im not sure what that has to do with Mahomes because he wasnt getting rush.

Save some flowers for Brett Veach and the front office. Trading Tyreek and turning those picks into McDuffie, Rashee Rice (and more) plus the cap space to pay Chris Jones has been more impactful than breaking the bank on Hill.

Veach is also credited with being all in on Mahomes real early. Supposedly he was stumping for him and sending Reid Mahomes' film going back to his freshman year.

Which is more impressive by Mahomes bc the Niners secondary is their Achilles heel. Dude worked the Niners 1st and 2nd line of defense with almost zero weapons to rely on. Just marvel in the greatest bc guys like him don’t come around often
And this is what I'm talking about...lol. Nothing that he did last night was spectacular and Purdy with the same play calling would be throwing and completing those same passes...lol. Andy Reid called a great game to end it and Mahomes executed. The end.

Thats the part i dont understand what do you want him to do. His job is to throw to wide open receivers. Rather it scheme or not if he should always take wide open receivers especially with the game on the line. It's like you're saying hes not good or maybe not better then Purdy because he threw to wide open receivers in the flat. Purdy was getting hit yet Im not sure what that has to do with Mahomes because he wasnt getting rush.
You may need to reread my post. I didn't say nothing was wrong with it; all I'm saying is I'm not going to treat it as the greatest thing that I've seen. 2018 was crazy and I'll be the first to say that but to act like what he has been doing since 2020 has been game changing would be a lie. They have won Super Bowls, yes but as I've said before, he is usually near the bottom in air yards and tight window throw rate but the Chiefs are always near the top in explosive plays. That's scheming because if any other QBs was in a system where 55-60% of their yardage comes from YAC, we have all types of names for them..lol. But I'm not knocking it because that has always been Reid's system. Mahomes happens to be the best that has played in it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom