It's halftime next week. ATL is up 31-0 (2 Viewers)

IMO, there should be no way in hell we adjust our play because of another game that is occurring at the SAME time.

If Atlanta is up by 17 or more... pull the starters. Carolina isn't built to comeback from a deficit like that.

I think Carolina will play them tough but I'm not expecting a miracle.

Rest the starters if ATL is up by more than 2 TDs.

IMO, there should be no way in hell we adjust our play because of another game that is occurring at the SAME time.

Why not? It's an information based game. If you have current intel, why wouldn't you adjust your strategy to the most current conditions?

They can just look up at the scoreboard to see the scores of the other games flashing through.

Man, it feels like we haven't been in the Dome in months.

I'd have no problem letting Drew rest (Chase isn't a slouch imo), and anyone with lingering injuries.

Carolina will find a way to be up 14-10 at half. Falcons will come out, take a 17-14 lead. Falcons will then add a FG to take a 20-14 lead. With the Falcons looking to be in command, Ryan will toss an INT and and the Panthers will score a TD on a 12 yard drive to take a 21-20 lead. Ryan will bring the Falcons back down the field but will come up short on third down. The Falcons will consider going for it on 4th and 2 but will choose the 3 points to take a 23-21 lead with 2:15 left in the game. Panthers will get a nice return out to 38. On first, incomplete. On second, a three yard pass to the back in the flat. On third and seven, Clausen will scramble for six but will get hit late (rare penalty for Falcons since the refs don't call fouls on Atlanta) for a 15 yard penalty. That will move the ball to the Falcons 38. First down, incomplete. On second, Clausen will find Brandon Lafell for a gain of 23. Brent Grimes will jump the route but miss and Lafell will break up the sideline. The Panthers will run on first up the middle for 2. Then up the middle again for 1. On third down, the will kick a FG to take a 24-23 lead with 17 seconds left. The Panthers will kick to the Falcons. Weems will take it back to the 29 with 12 seconds left. Ryan will drop back but get sacked by Charles Johnson to end the game. Panthers 24 Falcons 23. Book it!

For a solid week, the Falcons will have to endure the media's deepest scrutiny of how they have just fallen apart and how the Saints broke the Falcons will and belief in themselves. Meanwhile, the Saints will gain the #1 seed with a win over the Bucs even though we will still be a bit under the radar since everyone will be hyping the Eagles.

As I said in the other thread on this...no way Payton is scoreboard watching. He'll have the Saints ready to play and win. The starters will play as long as the game is competitive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom