It's offical Harrison Ford to replay his role as Han Solo (1 Viewer)

I was always under the impression that Ford was not happy about being known as Han Solo. There must have been a lot of zeros at the end of the check.

Whats your source? By the the way, I just called Princess Leia a boy without even realizing it! :no:

George Lucas

Asked whether members of the original Star Wars cast will appear in Episode VII and if he called them before the deal closed to keep them informed, Lucas says, “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” He pauses. “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”

How Disney Bought Lucasfilm

not even partially? thats kinda dumb. but some of the books are dumb too, so i trust itll be good.

It's in keeping with how these properties have been handled. The comic book properties, once adapted to the screen, were heavily original plot lines. They pulled characters, but even the character were often reinterpreted and the plot lines almost entirely original. And comic book characters, like the Joker or Two Face, are more popularly iconic then Grand Admiral Thrawn or whatever.

Lucas himself, in doing his prequel, basically ignored previous Star Wars cannon.

The current plans for the next film are officially secret right now, but E! Online have spoken to an unnamed body at Lucasfilm who tells them, of Episode Seven:

It’s an original story.

Meaning: not adapted from a Timothy Zahn book or videogame plot or an episode of Droids or bit of fanfic from a scary online forum.

Who is this secret source? It doesn’t really matter, it was pretty clear for anybody listening closely to the conference calls and video press releases with Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger yesterday that the new films will be new stories. What wasn’t clear was how detailed Lucas’ treatments for these new stories actually are.

Star Wars 7 Plot Will Be an Original Story, Says Lucasfilm Source | E! Online

I was always under the impression that Ford was not happy about being known as Han Solo. There must have been a lot of zeros at the end of the check.

He may not have been happy while in the prime of his career in the 80's and 90's. And this point he's beyond stereotyping and old enough that it doesn't matter anyways. But no doubt there were many zeroes.

I'm sorta disappointed that George Lucas is anywhere near this. Just step out the way, George. Let JJ do work.

And stop announcing stuff that they don't want announced yet. If they want to make a to-do, let them make it. Let go, sourpuss. You've done enough.

No thread about this particular movie series is complete without;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gZEdDMQZaCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always thought Han Solo should be played by a 70 year old man.

Maybe they'll do it like in Tron Legacy where they made Jeff Bridges look younger.

CGI = Jedi mind tricks.

I don't think it's necessary. Why not just set the movies 30 years later and let them play the older versions of their characters? Remember, Obi-Wan was an old man in Episode IV. I think it's actually a pretty cool thing to see the aged versions of the characters played by the same actors with natural aging.

I heard the other day that the stories will be more character oriented. So I guess each new movie will center around a specific character.

Does anyone do anything original anymore or do they just ride the coattails of someone who actually has an original successful thought?

Can someone explain Star Wars to me in four sentences or less?

Can someone explain Star Wars to me in four sentences or less?

Impatient punk kid needs superpowers to heal his dying woman.

Said kid almost dies and turns into heavy breathing dude.

Another punk kid shoots through a small hole to blow up a mobile planet.

Same punk kid finds out that the chick he wants to get busy with is actually his sister and the heavy breathing dude is actually their father.

THE END.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom