Jabari Greer (1 Viewer)

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
edited the title-sb

what do you think the reason he is struggling as of late??? the look in his eye is not one of confidence but instead, a lost rookie. is it a lack of roll coverage help??? i noticed he has been on an island by himself a lot as of late. he seems to be getting picked on, for at least the last month. also seems like he has forgotten how to turn his head and find the ball. last year, he only gave up 1 touchdown, and that was only because of a pushoff that wasn't called. he just doesn't seem as good as he was.

no, it seems like they always throw a perfect pass at him around redzone. most of the td's he gave up were great passes, that 2nd td today he just jumped too early

i really am wondering if he is playing a little hurt. he doesn't have much of a burst. last year, he was blazing fast.

I started noticing it in the Seattle game. He was getting torched all over the place by a bad team. Atlanta was admittedly picking on him.

I'm not knocking him, I like Greer a lot - but lately he isn't the same player that we was last year.

I made a post just like this about Porter last week and folks didn't take it so well. Watch out.

hahaha, I think just about every db is gonna have a few bad games when your D blitzes like we do. I think we still good with Greer though.

edited the title-sb

what do you think the reason he is struggling as of late??? the look in his eye is not one of confidence but instead, a lost rookie.

I think it's nonsense when people try to use a persons eyes as a determination of how they think feel or respond... They showed Drew's eyes/face during a game a few weeks back and he looked like it was holly terror... In addition, you see his eyes like 5 seconds in an entire game if they even show it so how do you know what his eyes mean???

Corners get beat, probably more then they win but the good ones make plays and he does... Despite what many want to believe, JG is a good corner but he isn't elite and he will get beat sometimes but he also makes plays... Let's not try to make his play into something big when it's not...

I started noticing it in the Seattle game. He was getting torched all over the place by a bad team. Atlanta was admittedly picking on him.

I'm not knocking him, I like Greer a lot - but lately he isn't the same player that we was last year.

exactly. it really became evident during the Seattle game. when he first got to New Orleans, the first thing i noticed was his football "HEAD" and his speed. both of which allowed him to constantly be in the right place at the right time. right now he seems to be playing catchup on a lot of plays.

To me he looks much smaller this year. Last year he made so many big plays maybe that skewed my perception of his size. He and Porter both haven't played as well as last year so it seems, but our defensive pass stats say they've been solid.

Greer will be OK. No need to panic. He will get back to practice,look at tape, and clean things up.

Greer will be fine. Although I do see the rookie Pat Rob. getting more PT in the playoffs.

I think Sharpers absence and maybe lingering injury has made Greer look not as good as last year.

I think it's nonsense when people try to use a persons eyes as a determination of how they think feel or respond... They showed Drew's eyes/face during a game a few weeks back and he looked like it was holly terror... In addition, you see his eyes like 5 seconds in an entire game if they even show it so how do you know what his eyes mean???

Corners get beat, probably more then they win but the good ones make plays and he does... Despite what many want to believe, JG is a good corner but he isn't elite and he will get beat sometimes but he also makes plays... Let's not try to make his play into something big when it's not...

ok, forget his eyes. does body language suffice??? if so, his body language is not portraying confidence and he is getting picked on a lot by the opposing quarteback. he is no longer a corner that seems to always be in position and he looks slow out of his breaks. personally, i think he is our best overall corner. has his play dropped as of late??? yep. the question is why??

To me, Greer looks a little banged up. His fleet of foot is just not there like in preseason.

Also, when we have to blitz in order to get pressure that leaves a lot of 1 on 1 coverage against big receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom