Jack Rabbit {Janoris Jenkins} restructures his deal (1 Viewer)

Why would players want to close it. They end up getting money that wasn't guaranteed in the form of money that is a bonus. Teams have a way to work around and improve themselves. It's really a win/win for both

Great point!

Just remember no matter how good the secondary is, “It’s the pass rush, stupid” should be the mantra every offseason.
Exactly what I've been thinking as well. Since we can't count on Davenport it may be a good idea to bring in a vet. I like Everson Griffen to fill that need. Should come in on the cheap and produce. Leaving us able to draft the best player available or to package a few things to move up.

The lesson here - if you keep borrowing from future seasons, the bill never comes due. I am somewhat surprised that this void year loophole did not get closed with the last CBA.

Exactly. And you're "borrowing" against future years, where the cap will be higher, therefore a dollar borrowed today is worth more than a dollar repaid in two years. It's pretty savvy, though I am slightly concerned about doing too much of it and it catching up after awhile.

Exactly what I've been thinking as well. Since we can't count on Davenport it may be a good idea to bring in a vet. I like Everson Griffen to fill that need. Should come in on the cheap and produce. Leaving us able to draft the best player available or to package a few things to move up.

If there was a way we could get Everson Griffen this would be one of the sickest off-season we had in a while!

This is good news, but it’s a short-term solution. A young boundary CB is among the Saints top needs still...

Some younger FA options, that are still young enough to ascend and realize their potential include Ronald Darby from Philly, Javien Elliot from Carolina, and Mackenzie Alexander from the Vikings... Alexander reportedly agreed to terms with Arizona or Cincy, but he never signed the deal, and he’s still a FA.

I love this move. Jenkins is an absolute ball hawking CB. He will take chances and get burned on occasion but he will also get INT's and is still capable of locking down quality WR's....

I really don't think we need to go after a CB in FA. I think this move means we likely could draft a CB in the 1st or 3rd (or even later) and have at least a year to develop him....We will see what happens....

Exactly. And you're "borrowing" against future years, where the cap will be higher, therefore a dollar borrowed today is worth more than a dollar repaid in two years. It's pretty savvy, though I am slightly concerned about doing too much of it and it catching up after awhile.

Yeah, you likely have to wait until you’ve got a QB on rookie deal to pay off the bill. Or at least a big chunk of it.

If there was a way we could get Everson Griffen this would be one of the sickest off-season we had in a while!
I agree. If we could get this guy, I woud be very impressed and happy b/c I don't trust Rankins anymore and Davenport is getting to that level. These two are never available. When they play it's great but they are injury prone and we need viable insurance for them. Everson Griffen gives us that and more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom