Jambalaya Pots... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gonna buy a 20 Gallon one for the Club... Seems to be a couple different styles, burners and companies... Who has one? Likes, dislikes... Who can tell me anything about these....

Is the larger burner Better? or does the smaller throw more heat?

Here seem to be the 3 basic designs....

p1235060825814752.jpg

51I0KyChXvL._SX300_.jpg

Jambalaya_Rig.jpg

The first one looks like it would be better if using outside in the wind.

I find the antique ones are my favorite. Nice thin wall up top, thick on the bottom. It seems to keep the pots a little lighter. I can move mine by myself if I have to, and with a grumpy wife (maybe I made her that way) it has saved us a lot of arguing. I'm also nostalgic and love antiques. I love thinking about all the cane that has been concentrated in mine while I cook. It does create some logistical issues with finding lids and burners afterward, but I love designing stuff so it was fun planning with my friends. I bought mine for scouting too. You are a good man to do this for your club. It is something they ask for every camp out now, and has become part of the evening entertainment.

As for a burner, there are burners that have little jets pointed in all directions. I just bought one because the theory is they don't clog like the little holes in the first picture, but still disperse the heat by pointing in all directions. It is a real pain when adding bulk ingredients waiting for that boil to come, the jets do it sooo much faster.

You are a good man to do this for your club. and has become part of the evening entertainment.

Thank You... I am doing alot of cooking for the club... I went through 70 pds of Chicken Thursday night, plus about 3 gallons of jambalaya... But in the Blues Bar I am running.. The theatrics are great for it.. and People love to eat for sure....

As for a burner, there are burners that have little jets pointed in all directions. I just bought one because the theory is they don't clog like the little holes in the first picture, but still disperse the heat by pointing in all directions. It is a real pain when adding bulk ingredients waiting for that boil to come, the jets do it sooo much faster.

That may be the seller right there. In this commercial setting I am using it for... Waiting is not good. When I need something to boil I need it now... Nothing worse than people standing in line for food and you are running behind.... I think that the jet may be what I need...

I need to purchase a complete setup ready to go... recommendations?

Wow, that is a mean burner... Dunno if I can get a combo kit with that or not...

IMPICRA-1-18-32-NAT-3.jpg

Here's a little something that I did, I don;t know if I shared it or not....

12715580_947158008655205_2275259293773760131_n.jpg

I have the 10 gallon bayou classic and the stand that came with it. I don't use the stand. I sit it directly on the banjo cooker and have a shroud we built to control wind. If I had seen the first set up in your list, I would have bought it.

The biggest thing I'll tell you is to buy a bigger propane bottle than the standard recycle bottles. I use a 40# for my crawfish cooker that BigE built and for my pot.

I purchased a 10gal pot from Krazy Kajun in Gonzales. He custom builds rolling units (can make custom designs in the wind guard too). He was not the cheapest around, but the quality was better than most. Check out his website....lots of options.

Have you got a link?

edit- Found it... wow $769 for the model I want.... none of any of these have the burner dgrant was talking about...

Last edited:
Having the wheels is nice to get a full pot inside to serve, after an outside cooking.

I ordered 5 gallon and it hasn't shipped yet. Should I switch to 10 gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered 5 gallon and it hasn't shipped yet. Should I switch to 10 gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always cook less, but you can;t cook more if you don;t have the room....

I was quoted $960 for everything... yikes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom