Jameis Winston: “I would love to stay in NOLA forever” (1 Viewer)

And I'd love to have him in NOLA forever at the right price. He might not be great shakes as a starter but he's in the elite tier in terms of backup QBs. It's nice to have that peace of mind knowing that if the starter goes down then at least we still have a shot with Jaboo.

I sometimes wonder what could have been if a guy like Jaboo would've began his career under Sean. With the talent he showed in the NCAA, it was hard to think he wouldn't be successful. No person or player is perfect, we all make mistakes, but it's refreshing to see that he has seemingly made the changes to be better and that he genuinely loves this team and city. Hard to root against a guy like that.

He can stay here forever. No ones forcing him to move. That pill that’s coming due next month is the problem.

I wish him nothing but the best with his next team just hope it’s not in the NFC South.

He could have secured his place for another season by moving the ball and scoring against the packers. He’s not shown me anything special and he seems to be a distraction. He overruled his head coach for the “team” and then claims he wanted to stay on the team forever. Maybe Curry will hire him to back up Josh Allen.

I sometimes wonder what could have been if a guy like Jaboo would've began his career under Sean. With the talent he showed in the NCAA, it was hard to think he wouldn't be successful. No person or player is perfect, we all make mistakes, but it's refreshing to see that he has seemingly made the changes to be better and that he genuinely loves this team and city. Hard to root against a guy like that.

Yep…this is the story of many of the so-called “first round busts.”

A lot of times, they just didn’t land in the right place. So much has to align perfectly for each individual player - the right coaching staff, the right system, the right teammates/supporting cast, heck even the right CITY matters.

This is also why a lot of big dollar free agent busts happen…they lose that perfect alignment they had with their former team.

There is no doubt in my mind that if a team like New Orleans/Sean Payton had drafted Winston, he’d be a NFL star today.

Last edited:
Yep…this is the story of many of the so-called “first round busts.”

A lot of times, they just didn’t land in the right place. So much has to align perfectly for each individual player - the right coaching staff, the right system, the right teammates/supporting cast, heck even the right CITY matters.

There is no doubt in my mind that if a team like New Orleans/Sean Payton had drafted Winston, he’d be a NFL star today.
I disagree. Sean would have tried to mold him into his offense. I think JW went to the right place and the right time originally. I don’t think of SP as this great genius QB whisperer. I look at his time here as just a great situation with him and Drew. Two guys with a great work ethic and desire to win.

The problem JW is that he is the type of QB that is always going to take chances and go for it. I admire him for that, he isn’t afraid to take a chance because the majority of the time his athleticism is going to carry him. You put him in SP’s offense and it doesn’t work in my opinion.

College was the issue.. coaching was pretty much "your arm can get it there so no worries right?"

then the nfl happened and the secondary moves much faster.

I disagree. Sean would have tried to mold him into his offense. I think JW went to the right place and the right time originally. I don’t think of SP as this great genius QB whisperer. I look at his time here as just a great situation with him and Drew. Two guys with a great work ethic and desire to win.

The problem JW is that he is the type of QB that is always going to take chances and go for it. I admire him for that, he isn’t afraid to take a chance because the majority of the time his athleticism is going to carry him. You put him in SP’s offense and it doesn’t work in my opinion.

The (admittedly limited) facts we do have on the subject say otherwise. I think we saw a very different, more cautious Winston in his short time with Sean.

JW was on pace for 30 TDs and single digit INTs that year. We were rolling.

6926FC82-162C-4FF8-BF84-7A2534039506.jpeg

I sometimes wonder what could have been if a guy like Jaboo would've began his career under Sean. With the talent he showed in the NCAA, it was hard to think he wouldn't be successful.
Yep. I picked up on that when we got him and I started digging. Lovie screwed him..lol. (good for us tho). He put him in an offense that he wasn't best suited for coming out of college and they threw the entire playbook at him coming in. If he had to come into an offense that wasn't built around him, he probably would have been best suited for the offense that Brady ran in New England, considering they ran a lite version of it at FSU. It is almost like both offenses are based on "read and react." I mean, crap, he still has plenty of talent but I believe how he left Tampa screwed him. All everyone saw was 30 interceptions and associated that to the reason they went 7-9. They actually build up a team around Brady and then boom, the narrative that it was all Brady is born.

Sean Payton's offense is always centered around the QB. The notion that he would have to "mold him into his offense," kills the entire notion of what makes SP success. Sean Payton built the system around Drew. SP is a WCO guy who built a Coryell system because that's the offense his new QB came from. The thing is people think that he was limiting Winston but the fact is, he was installing the offense. If he would have came into training camp the starter, our offense would have looked completely different that season.

College was the issue.. coaching was pretty much "your arm can get it there so no worries right?"

then the nfl happened and the secondary moves much faster.
That's actually pretty false..lol. In college, he actually ran one of the most complicated offenses in college football that QBs today still struggle to pick up, and part of the reason why Jimbo is gone...lol

Last edited:
He could have secured his place for another season by moving the ball and scoring against the packers. He’s not shown me anything special and he seems to be a distraction. He overruled his head coach for the “team” and then claims he wanted to stay on the team forever. Maybe Curry will hire him to back up Josh Allen.
I look at it like, if you have company over, and your 5 year old randomly starts cussing out your guests, then the fault falls on the parents and not the kid. JW just gave us a glimpse into locker rooms vibes. And there was clearly division.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom