Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

No one (at least I don't) "hates" JW... That word gets used way to much to deflect from honest opinion and discussion... He's just a bad QB... He was never good in Tampa and he was never good here... The only point in his career where he serviceable is when SP was here and was holding back the reigns on him - and even then it was One great game, One meh game, One bad game, One meh game, One okay game, One great game, One disaster game, etc.
Crazy thing about the whole bad QB:
-Finished 2nd in OROTY behind Todd Gurley (Gurley's rookie season was CRAZY)
-For his play in 2016, he was voted to the NFL Top 100
-His play in 2017 was better than it was in 2016 but we know the off the field stuff
-2018 started ugly coming off that suspension, got benched and finished the season as one of the most efficient QBs in the NFL in nearly all stats and metrics. (finished last 7 games of the seasons average 259 yards per game, 13TDs/4TD on 64% passing and 100.1 passer rating.)
-2019 had a new system where QBs have historically had their worst season the first year in the system. 30 interceptions are always brought up but we ignore being 2nd in TDs, 1st in yards while leading the #3 scoring offense
-2020 Chilling behind Drew
-2021 beats Taysom in open QB competition and CSP begins building and installing an offense. Jameis is top 5 in nearly every QB stat and metric while going 4-2 in games started and finished before getting hurt.
-2022 learning new system (tape will show you how different the 2021 and 2022 offenses are). Played bad in Atlanta until the 4th, sucked during the Tampa game (a broken back and busted tendon will do that), and didn't play that bad against the Panthers before being benched "for reasons."

As I've said in the past, I did my homework on him when we picked him up so I could have a educated view of if I was for or against the signing. What I saw was a lot different than what I was told. Also, when you turn on the film, you will see WAY more good than bad. This is why quarterbacks who have gold jackets love him.

Truth be told, most folks don't like JW for stuff outside of football or their view of him is based on an outlier season. Instead of just admitting it, it gets stretched into a "football convo" with little substance. What "non-serviceable" QB leads a #3 offense in yards and scoring when he was responsible for most of the yards and scoring? Just trying to make it make sense..

Last edited:
Well, I do think Jameis was doing his own thing for the two TDs. At the very least, I'd say he was going off-schedule with them, because when was the last time you saw Carr throw to a point instead of throwing to a totally open receiver downfield? Throwing to a point was something Payton taught Jameis and Taysom both. I think it was his way to make it easier for Taysom to acclimate and also easier for Jameis to cut down on boneheaded throws. I do think the receivers have a different energy when Taysom/Jameis are lined up in the backfield because they know neither of those guys will throw a play away to teach a receiver a lesson and throw a tantrum on national TV.

Also, I have to admit that Carr played his best when in the hurry-up and calling his own plays. Carmichael is still calling plays like Drew is the QB and frankly, none of the guys on the roster are him. Jameis is most like 2009-2016 Brees in that he's looking for the kill shot on every play. Carr is mostly the same as Jameis from a strengths perspective except he second-guesses himself a lot more. Taysom is unlike anyone in the NFL and has steadily gotten MUCH better at pre-snap reads, something I really used to blast him for. Taysom saw the coverage rolled to Saunders's side and decided he'd be better waiting for traffic to clear to get it to Juwan.
The only time I have enjoyed watching the Saints this season is the almost 1/2 game where Winston was QB. Everything else hurts my soul.

Yep, not to mention Carr is extremely lucky his stat line didn't include a fumble when he was running around with the ball out and had it punched out from behind and we happened to recover it.

You're right. 12 straight times at any position would be overkill. However, Hurts and Jackson have averaged 10 rushes per game over their respective careers and Josh Allen has averaged 7 rushes per game over his career. They are their teams Franchise QB #1s.

Right, the difference is that those QB's learned fairly early on to not seek out contact and they rarely do now.....TH (whom I love as a player) won't do that, also those guys are a lot younger than TH.....

No one (at least I don't) "hates" JW... That word gets used way to much to deflect from honest opinion and discussion... He's just a bad QB... He was never good in Tampa and he was never good here... The only point in his career where he serviceable is when SP was here and was holding back the reigns on him - and even then it was One great game, One meh game, One bad game, One meh game, One okay game, One great game, One disaster game, etc.

You prefer all bad games. Noted.

Because no. That’s why.

If we are going to propose wild things that aren’t going to happen we can do better than…. Let’s again start “the on fire roller coaster” we fondly know as JW.

Start Taysom or the Rook. At least that would be different. Or give us some insight into what we have beyond this season.
Start the Rook?! Dude get out of here.

Nearly 3 TDs per game vs the Falcons in his career.
This would’ve been a very good matchup for Jameis.

He was fine until he started playing with an injury. Anyone that knows how to throw a football would understand how that would affect your mechanics, but hey... he's still Jameis.

Honestly, I don't really care who starts now because let's be real... it probably won't matter much. Let's just keep doing what we're doing.

With all the injuries to our receiving core do you think Winston put up at least one touch down?
Maybe this will help answer your question. When he was given a chance to start, took first team reps and his number 1 WR was Callaway and played WAY better teams than we have thus far (one being the Super Bowl champ under TB12), he threw 14 TDs in 7 games and was 5-2.

shannon-sharpe.gif

I’ve addressed this before. You are the guy that watches car racing for the crashes. Lol. Problem is. If you crash the car you still lose. I want wins. And I don’t care how they look. Play Taysom or the Rook. Win with Taysom now or play for the future. No more career revitalization projects .
So TRUE~! Such "WISDOM" from "A Thousand Little Threads" which are all "a little HIGH"~!

Truth be told, most folks don't like JW for stuff outside of football or their view of him is based on an outlier season. Instead of just admitting it, it gets stretched into a "football convo" with little substance. What "non-serviceable" QB leads a #3 offense in yards and scoring when he was responsible for most of the yards and scoring? Just trying to make it make sense..
If it's related to Winston, you may as well ignore posts from that dude. He's still butthurt that a super bowl winning head coach widely regarded as one of the best play callers and play designers in the league had the unmitigated gull to name Winston the starter instead of the guy he thought should be the starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom