Jameis Winston (3 Viewers)

If they would play Jameis this week it would be the biggest slap in the face to not only the man himself, but honestly to the fan base in general, yeah lets put him out there now when your No.1, 2, and 3 wideouts on the depth are more than likely out for a game vs one of the best teams in the conference and you will literally be throwing the ball to nothing but UDFA and practice squad-level talent at receiver. I want Carr out this week and i genuinely hope he s**t's the bed, then maybe this front office and coaching staff can finally admit their failure and just start playing the young guys b/c essentially our season will be over if we lose to Detroit and Atlanta beats the Jets.

If it's related to Winston, you may as well ignore posts from that dude. He's still butthurt that a super bowl winning head coach widely regarded as one of the best play callers and play designers in the league had the unmitigated gull to name Winston the starter instead of the guy he thought should be the starter.

Yup, that whole sequence of events was just hilarious, and he went on about how TH should demand a trade if he wasn't the starting QB and other such nonsense.....he is the king of anti Winston bias......
The Bears won a game without scoring a touchdown and by kicking 4 FGs.
The Saints have shown the ability to make 5 FGs in a game.
Maybe the answer to winning for the Saints is more FG opportunities each game. :kgo-004:

Dennis Allen? Is that you?

Say what you want about Jamies, but the WRs love him and the team believes he can score TDs in the red zone. The fact remains, it would be easier to get Jamies to curb INTs and still score TDs. Than to get Carr to score in the Red zone.

Both Jamies and Taysom are turn over machines when playing as the starting QB. But, Jamies can't pick up the running production of Taysom as the starter. The only win win is for the Saints is to start Jamies as QB1 against the lions.

Jamies was in that game for less than 1 quarter of football, and has more passing TDs (2) then Carr has spanning 2 games.

Yes. Jameis finds ways to score TDs, from anywhere on the field. Offense always has a chance to score TDs if he was behind center.

Olave, AT and Juwan would’ve had TDs with Jameis against the Falcons. He has good chemistry with all 3. Probably a 27-24 Saints W.

And AK would have 5 carries and no targets.

And AK would have 5 carries and no targets.
So here me out....
In 2021, The first 6 games of the season, he had the most rushing attempts he has had in any season and had 4 receiving touchdowns.
In 2022, he only played 2 games with Jameis where he averaged 12 rush attempts and almost 6 targets a game.

Can't let facts get in the way of your "troll hunting" though. :)

So here me out....
In 2021, The first 6 games of the season, he had the most rushing attempts he has had in any season and had 4 receiving touchdowns.
In 2022, he only played 2 games with Jameis where he averaged 12 rush attempts and almost 6 targets a game.

Can't let facts get in the way of your "troll hunting" though. :)
Since people seem to want to forget how good he was with a good coach at the helm.

*Edited to add some stats via Pro Football Reference*

2021 with Jameis (6 games): 25 rec for 241yds, 4 TDs, long of 31yds. Average depth of target 1.2yds (highest depth of target since Drew in 2018)

2023 with Carr (11 games): 54 rec for 355yds, 1 TD, long of 25yds. Average depth of target 0.1yds (lowest depth of target in his career)

Who's putting Alvin in position to do Alvin things?

Last edited:
2021 with Jameis (6 games): 25 rec for 241yds, 4 TDs, long of 31yds. Average depth of target 1.2yds (highest depth of target since Drew in 2018)

2023 with Carr (11 games): 54 rec for 355yds, 1 TD, long of 25yds. Average depth of target 0.1yds (lowest depth of target in his career)

Who's putting Alvin in position to do Alvin things?
The Kamara utilization was another narrative that folded when placed under scrutiny. Folks missed the fact that because our RB room was so weak, Kamara got a lot of touches as a pure runner but when we hit the red zone, he was eating. Matter of fact, those 4TDs in 6 games is 1 TD from his career high in a season. I guess people cared more about the number of catches instead of the touchdowns.

The Kamara utilization was another narrative that folded when placed under scrutiny. Folks missed the fact that because our RB room was so weak, Kamara got a lot of touches as a pure runner but when we hit the red zone, he was eating. Matter of fact, those 4TDs in 6 games is 1 TD from his career high in a season. I guess people cared more about the number of catches instead of the touchdowns.
Everything except Kamara was weak in '21. He was drawing probably the most coverage he's ever seen in his career and he still got fed by Jameis. Just for giggles, let's compare Deonte Harty for 5 games with Jameis versus 11 games with Josh Allen. The Jameis numbers are without the Tampa game where he got injured, btw.

With Jameis in 2021: 10 rec for 236yds and 2 TDs. 23.6 yds per reception

With Siemian, Hill, and Book in 2021: 24 rec for 334 yds, 1 TD. 13.9 yds per reception

With Josh Allen in 2023: 13 rec for 113yds and 1 TD. 8.7 yds per reception

Alright, now let's do Callaway.

2021 with Jameis for 6 games: 16 rec for 254 yds, 3 TDs. 15.9 yds per reception

2021 with Siemian, Hill, Book for 11 games: 30 rec for 444 yds, 3 TDs. 13.9 yds per reception

Weird. It's almost like Jameis has a net positive effect on his receivers.

You mean like how they were complaining about Jameis having a 5 TD game against the Packers because he threw for under 200 yards and one of his TDs was thrown to where only Juwan could come down with it? I mean, we see what we're getting with a QB who is more proud of his yardage than wins or red zone success.

You mean like how they were complaining about Jameis having a 5 TD game against the Packers because he threw for under 200 yards and one of his TDs was thrown to where only Juwan could come down with it? I mean, we see what we're getting with a QB who is more proud of his yardage than wins or red zone success.
We love our yards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom