Jameis Winston's 4th start with 0 turnovers this season, which matches his total from 2018-19 combined. (1 Viewer)

yeah it's the main reason from an offensive standpoint that we are 4-2.

and yes give Jameis his due, it would be so easy for any QB to force the issue out of sheer frustration
AND WE SHOULD BE 5-1!!!!!!
🤬🤬🤬🤬

Im soo sorry y’all, but every time I think I’ve fully recovered from the NYG loss, somebody brings up our current record, …… n I relapse!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂

You could see Jameis on the bench talking to (I think it was) Callaway after the final third down miss before the game-winning field goal. He pretty clearly said, "I f***ed up."

.at what point does Payton lose his patience with Winston?
No time soon if Larry, Curly, Moe and sometimes Shemp (thanks @Walter White and @Judge_Smails , I loved that!) continue to be his targets.

Jameis is doing everything that he is supposed to do for now. CSP will actually continue to loosen the reins as time goes on - just like many of us have been saying.

Payton was getting a little heated with him on the sidelines.

If the offense doesn't get better when MT comes back...at what point does Payton lose his patience with Winston?
He's not playing like someone you'd invest starter money into. But he is executing to the best of his ability with the little help he has at the skill position.

I got to say... His ability to preserve through this much adversity is impressive.
He had 2 INTs in the Carolina game, which, that game was a mess. The only other INT all season was when a OL stepped on his foot as he was trying to step into a long throw. He's certainly focusing on not giving the ball away and doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Winston still needs to improve his anticipation and reads. He seems to hold on to the ball too long. Those tight windows in the NFL close quickly. I totally agree his weapons are mediocre at best, but some of the struggles on offense are on him. Based on the eye test, if he does not improve significantly, Peyton will move on. I do give him credit for protecting the football more. He has been successful at keeping the turnovers down. This is very important to the Saints success post-Brees.

Winston still needs to improve his anticipation and reads. He seems to hold on to the ball too long. Those tight windows in the NFL close quickly. I totally agree his weapons are mediocre at best, but some of the struggles on offense are on him. Based on the eye test, if he does not improve significantly, Peyton will move on. I do give him credit for protecting the football more. He has been successful at keeping the turnovers down. This is very important to the Saints success post-Brees.
They aren't mediocre. They are legitimately bad.

Give me a good rain game from Brees and tell me how old he was when it happened.. 39 YEARS OLD.

Winston is terrible in the rain and just as Brees was... And it's okay. He's getting better. He's human not a robot. He's still developing.

I understand the frustration when the play happens and we constantly have to shot ourselves in the foot.

If it's not bad blocking
Or It's WR not getting open, quiting on routes or dropping passes
Or It's Winston throws off target

It would be nice to have a drive and the only thing we got to worry about is an off target throw. The offense would be scoring 28 ppg.

Saw a couple of times where Payton looked as if he was saying "What are you doing?!"
A couple of times Payton slammed his fist after Jameis made bad throws.
True. Also on the last series he clearly asks "What happened?" after the failed throw with the screen to the left side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom