Jason Bateman or Paul Rudd (1 Viewer)

Bateman is a very good actor in those list of categories mentioned above, but he has the potential to be even better. Paul Rudd is a decent actor who maybe at his very best could be a good actor, but that's all.

Plus Bateman directed quite a few episodes of Ozark, and I think a handful of Arrested Development.

In terms of whom i think is most talented, or who has the better career? By any metric, to me, it’s Bateman by a mile.. Not saying Rudd isn’t talented, he is.. but i’ve been enjoying Bateman’s work for nearly 40 years, starting with the old Silver Spoons where he played an Eddie Haskell type character.. to one of my favorite 80s sitcoms, It’s Your Move where he played a teenaged conman.. years later i thought he was great in Arrested Development, obviously, as well as Juno... I’m not well-versed enough in either Bateman’s or Rudd’s recent (read: last 10 years) stuff to know which has the better work over that time period- but overall i dont think too many public figures could hold a candle to the length and quality of Bateman’s career.
Not sure that Rudd’s career is over 10 years old. Maybe I’m wrong.

Not sure that Rudd’s career is over 10 years old. Maybe I’m wrong.
Don’t want to make you feel too old but Clueless (1st ‘big’ role) is mid90s
I actually saw him off broadway in a play called The Shape of Things, which became an early 2000s movie
40 yr old virgin and Anchorman are mid aughts

His role in Shape of Things shows he has range and the chops

Why? Why must you compare? Rudd is not with Bateman, by the comparison you are equivocating and doing an injustice to both.

I actually saw him off broadway in a play called The Shape of Things, which became an early 2000s movie

I actually meant to mention The Shape of Things in response to those saying he was just a one-note actor.

I actually meant to mention The Shape of Things in response to those saying he was just a one-note actor.
i went to HS with his costar in that play/movie
it's why i went to the play in the 1st place
i've taught it in my theatre classes on ocaission

easily bateman. he's versatile, always a great actor, often carries what he is in.

i do like rudd though, but he typecast a lot into a humble, bumbling fool.

Why? Why must you compare? Rudd is not with Bateman, by the comparison you are equivocating and doing an injustice to both.
i do agree. they are both good actors, obviously bateman is a lot more versatile.

that said, both are so totally different.

this is guido being old and trying to tell them apart with his ploy disguised as a question.

Yeah
I guess I’m old
I Ike them both Though
If I had to choose, I’m going Bateman
When ever I think Bateman, I think Patrick Bateman from American psycho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom