Jets sign Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

The Falcons are going to be pretty tough this year. Don't let pre season cloud your judgment. They struggled with injuries last year. If the bug hits us we could miss the playoffs.

You maybe right but the Failcons where one of the healthiest teams during our 7-9 years. Their injury bug is karma balancing the mean.

... plus 28-3.

Crazy how a high first round pick can barely land a team now.

The draft is like a gamble.

If the Saints would’ve taken Kendricks, who the consensus had rated higher, then Anthony would’ve never been a first round pick.

So that’s like 4 teams over the last 4 years. Anthony’s officially a journeyman now. Guess that’s the one good thing about being a plus “athlete”. Too bad he’s not as football smart as he is fast.

Hindsight 20/20 and all that. He should not have been a 1st round pick. I believe it was after drafting him that SP and ML began putting a LOT more emphasis on how a players learns, how fast they learn, and how much of what they learn can they retain.
Still... in Anthony's defense, I think it could have made a huge difference for him if we'd have had Nolan instead of Vitt "developing" him.

I just don't understand how he had such a good rookie year, and then followed up with some awful years. I know they changed defenses after year 1, but that was a huge drop.

IIRC, He was fast, athletic, and could tackle. Many of his tackles were from behind, chasing players down that should've been stopped sooner if he would've followed his assignments. And he was a huge liability in coverage because he could not wrap his head around even simple zone concepts, so again, he managed to get tackles... from behind, because he had to.

Why all the hate for a former Saint? I generally root for them, as long as they're not playing the Saints.
I agree. By all accounts the guy tried his best here and behaved. That's my standard. Yes, he disappointed in a huge way, but it's the Saints who chose him.

I remember Anthony far more fondly than I do another first round pick, Brandin Cooks. And that's after I did cartwheels when we picked him.

Crazy how a high first round pick can barely land a team now.

The draft is like a gamble.

I still believe SA was a reach in the 1st round.

Just looking at that 2014 Debo Clemson defense ... they had a bunch of dawgs (Grady J, Shaw L., Kearse, Beasley) on that D line. I think it's a little easier to shine at LB when guys in those trenches were getting it done up front.

I still believe SA was a reach in the 1st round.

Just looking at that 2014 Debo Clemson defense ... they had a bunch of dawgs (Grady J, Shaw L., Kearse, Beasley) on that D line. I think it's a little easier to shine at LB when guys in those trenches were getting it done up front.

That's called the Alabama Stud Linebacker Draft Profile Conundrum... it applies to other players from other schools from time to time. 2014 Clemson definitely being one of those teams.

I agree. By all accounts the guy tried his best here and behaved. That's my standard. Yes, he disappointed in a huge way, but it's the Saints who chose him.

I remember Anthony far more fondly than I do another first round pick, Brandin Cooks. And that's after I did cartwheels when we picked him.

I feel the same way, wish the careers of all X-Saints take a positive turn. But, I'm still tempted to take jabs at him in slack time. Yeah, Cooks is a little different. So is Sproles and He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Wait, I thought he just signed with the the falcons? I remember because we made fun of the move. That was a quick cut. Maybe they signed him by accident and then cut him when they realized their mistake.

Anthony was a strange case for the Saints. He looked like a promising young player only to find out a year later that he was a total bust. Turns out that he was so bad at football that he couldn't even contribute on special teams. All that speed and athleticism, couldn't play a lick.

Wasn't Anthony the compensation (the 1st rounder in the draft) that the Saints received for trading Graham to Seattle? Ouch.

Why is there a post every time Anthony is signed somewhere else? Not trying to be rude I’ve just never seen this site follow a draft bust as much as they do Anthony lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom