Jim Henderson speaks at the TD club of Jackson (1 Viewer)

the "and jokingly" came after the L.A. comment and right before the Cincy one.

It was a JOKE people! i know some see it's still too early to joke about anything but if anyone has been following the news, there's no team moving to LA in the near distant future, owners meeting told us alot about that in news.
Also with the Sell out and waiting list historical selling and NEw Orleans on the up and up with a Bid win for a superbowl if we can nail the team down contractual wise with the State, it all was a joke.. i hope he comes out and say it so these threads can vanish

An ex-FBI agent Who knew? I like this.....

...That's the thing that jumped out at me most- the article said Payton was "an ex-FBI agent", not quoting Henderson- just stating it as fact. Now, it doesn't make sense as a joke because 1) the tone of the article isn't jokey-jokey and 2) it's not funny. This article looks like it was written by a fourth grader who doesn't understand the concepts of satire or accuracy.....

Henderson was on this evening and clarified that this reporter had many of her facts wrong.

He pointed out the FBI thing and went on to say that regarding Jackson, he was recounting something he had mentioned in a previous editorial. In that editorial, Henderson had stated that perhaps Katrina was a blessing to the Saints, at least in the sense that it prior to the storm, the Saints were on the top of the list for LA. Katrina brought the end of the Haslett/Brooks era, ushered in the Payton/Brees/Bush era, and re-energized the fan base.

The reporter who wrote the story just didn't pay enough attention to Henderson's presentation.

Thank you for clarifying the Henderson statement. I am glad he was misquoted.

The chances of this lady's story being right is about as good a chance of me being pregnant, never worried. I'll take Jim's many, many years as the Saints Broadcaster, Local Sports guy over some moran.

Thanks Pasty...Did Henderson say that on the radio?!

He sure did. He even noted that she reported that Payton is an ex-FBI agent and that is not true. Apparently, he was talking about Clemson, not Colston, when he said they had a world of speed. He had just seen Clemonson play and it was just a throw away comment that the reporter picked up on. The rest was filled with inaccuracies and Pasty reported what he actually said.

He addressed this on Sports Talk earlier. He was badly misquoted and the woman who wrote the article was way way way confused. He was very polite, but you could tell he found it annoying that she took horrible notes and wrote a story piecing together misinfo. Payton was NOT in the FBI, and Henderson said he restated what he said earlier this season about how Katrina probably saved the Saints, and that without the fallout from the storm (renovations, NFL support, renewed fan support, regime change, QB change, etc...) the Saints would have been a team that led the list of franchises potentially heading to LA.

What do you expect of a gender challenged reporter from Mississippi...jokingly of course. :muahaha:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom