Jim Mora Weighs In.. (2 Viewers)

You think he's up to coach the rest of the season?

Really? I know it's tongue in cheek, but even with an all time NFL great level defense, dude never won a playoff game....he is overrated by most Saints fans, for good reason though, I get it....

It’s ironic Mora is being asked to weigh in, as folks used to say the same thing about him as we say about DA — better DC than a head coach. That said, I respect Mora greatly the farther we get from his era.
No, Jim Mora just had the unfortunate luck of being stuck in the division with the 49ers in Bill Walsh and Joe Montana’s heyday. He was also in an era when most players didn’t move around during free agency. He had only one good wideout in Eric Martin. This was good in the regular season but bad in post-season when you needed more offensive weapons at your disposal. He played the same kind of ball as Bill Parcells but without the offensive weapons that Parcells had on offense.

Remember when it was the OL's fault? Remember when it was all the WRs fault? Remember when it was all Carmichael's fault? I think it's really been Carr the whole time. He's just not a very good QB.

Not making excuses for Carmichael, but it can't be easy to design and call plays for Carr. Then again, maybe it's a perfect marriage of stink.
It's so true, he really doesn't do anything well other then make faces, excuses and complains. He can't run the ball, can't run a bootleg, accuracy poor, deep ball issues, I don't think he can diagnose defenses, at least nowhere near the Hall of famer that we used to have could.

No, Jim Mora just had the unfortunate luck of being stuck in the division with 49ers in Bill Walsh and Joe Montana’s heyday. He was also in an era when most players didn’t move around during free agency. He had only one good wideout in Eric Martin. This was good in the regular season but bad in post season when you needed more offensive weapons at your disposal. He played the same kind of ball as Bill Parcells but without the offensive weapons that Parcells had on offense.
I often tell people that last part in any conversation about the Mora Saints. Parcells made ball-control work because he had superior athletes all across his offense. The Saints, not so much.

And can we imagine a division that was geographically correct back then, as now? Mora’s Saints, the Moon-era Oilers, the Yucs of that era and the Falcons. The Oilers would be the only consistently decent competition.

Really? I know it's tongue in cheek, but even with an all time NFL great level defense, dude never won a playoff game....he is overrated by most Saints fans, for good reason though, I get it....
At this point I am looking for entertainment value. I have no faith in the roster as it is anymore, but anything to make it interesting. I also want Taysom to get 100% of the QB snaps. Same reasoning.

I often tell people that last part in any conversation about the Mora Saints. Parcells made ball-control work because he had superior athletes all across his offense. The Saints, not so much.

And can we imagine a division that was geographically correct back then, as now? Mora’s Saints, the Moon-era Oilers, the Yucs of that era and the Falcons. The Oilers would be the only consistently decent competition.
Don’t forget that while people ragged on Hebert, he was really a good QB. He just didn’t have the offensive weapons to win a playoff game.

At this point I am looking for entertainment value. I have no faith in the roster as it is anymore, but anything to make it interesting. I also want Taysom to get 100% of the QB snaps. Same reasoning.
Naw, let Taysom do what he does. SP used him correctly. Put a QB back there that you can move around and design plays to his strengths. They could do that with Winston if they weren’t so boneheaded.

I think the sad part is that we look average against other bad teams. What would we look like if we played any actual good teams? Are the Lions the best team on our schedule this year? I mean, they haven't played any good teams either really, but they have the record we were expecting with our schedule
The Jags were at the time and we remember how that turned out.

I’ll say this about Mora and I said it at the time, his team never packed it in on any Sunday until the last year. Year after year game after game even when they lost they played their butts off. Look it up.

Bottom line . Carr is toxic to a team setting. He hasn't fit in the city since he signed here. Aloof and empty worded cliches. He doesn't want to be here and he can't hid e it.

I’ll say this about Mora and I said it at the time, his team never packed it in on any Sunday until the last year. Year after year game after game even when they lost they played their butts off. Look it up.
And Hebert was undefeated against AFC teams his first four or five years as a quarterback as a Saint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom