Jindal: State will honor deals with Saints, Hornets (1 Viewer)

Screw 'em. Rural areas always pay the least taxes and get the most in return. We pave all their desolate country roads so they can drive off to the middle of nowhere to get drunk and fire hunting rifles at eachother. If they don't like the NFL they can move to Russia and see how Putin treats them. This is America, the NFL is what makes America great, not the inbred home brewers of hard drink who reject the NFL in favor of scripted wrestling and cow tipping.

I hope that Jindal can improve the situation with pro teams. I absolutely distrust him on everything else, but I think the one good thing about him is that he is not in the pocket of the America-hating hunters in northern louisiana who want to destroy civilized organized sport in the state.

Nice post, genius. Those rural folks need to be more open minded like you, right? /sarcasm off

Louisiana has always been a divided state. North vs. South, and everybody vs. New Orleans. This explains the pathetic roads, schools, and along with greedy, small-minded, politicians, explains why the state ranks near last in so many things. I love Louisiana, and think this is very sad. Having the Saints and Hornets helps project a positive image and will help bring in business, jobs, and income which will benefit people all across the State

If you asked 1,000 people if Lafyatte is better than New Orleans, the only people that would say Lafayette are those that live there.
You can say the same about New Orleans. People from New Orleans would rather live no where else; People not from New Orleans would rather live almost anywhere else.

In fact, if you polled the entire country the poll would lean overwhelmingly in favor of Lafayette over New Orleans. Yes, New Orleans is widely known: That's precisely why it would not finish first in such a poll and accurate or not New Orleans has always been associated with more bad than good when it comes to the choice of living there.

It comes down to a matter of preference. Neither is better or worse. It's simply a preference. The last I checked we all have horrible roads, corrupt leaders, substandard education and poor job opportunities. The only thing that seems to separate us is what we choose to do in our free time and how many people we can stand being around at once.

You can say the same about New Orleans. People from New Orleans would rather live no where else; People not from New Orleans would rather live almost anywhere else.

In fact, if you polled the entire country the poll would lean overwhelmingly in favor of Lafayette over New Orleans. Yes, New Orleans is widely known: That's precisely why it would not finish first in such a poll and accurate or not New Orleans has always been associated with more bad than good when it comes to the choice of living there.

It comes down to a matter of preference. Neither is better or worse. It's simply a preference. The last I checked we all have horrible roads, corrupt leaders, substandard education and poor job opportunities. The only thing that seems to separate us is what we choose to do in our free time and how many people we can stand being around at once.

If you poll anyone that lives in a city they will say New Orleans, if you poll people in rural town USA, they'd say Lafayette. No one is going to move from New York City, Chicago, Vegas, etc. to rural town USA. If your wife likes a certain types of shopping, art galleries, positive aspects of city living in general, they aren't going to like living in a rural town, even if it is growing like Lafayette.

Agree on the roads, corrupt leaders and education problems...:covri:

I know Govenor Jindal and am totally p****d that some of you would take a shot at him, especially this early in his term. He's a great guy and will do a much better job than what we have had. He will help keep the Saints and Hornets here for the good of us all and our enjoyment you numb skulls. It's obvious that we need them here in La., or else me and many on this board wouldn't agree on anything!!!

I would love to live, with my family, in or around NO. I just wasn't crazy about the "north bashing". My home will always be crappy little old Shreveport, La.

I could care less about the northern part of the state to be honest. I just want NOLA to get 35% of the state budget since it contributes 41%. I did notice no one has touched that one with a ten foot poll. It is no secret, NOLA is the engine that moves the train. I just wish that engine got better service...

This thread has turn into a S.Louisiana Vs. N. Louisiana bashing thread. AND people wonder why we are so divided. North Louisiana is completely different from South Louisiana and vice versa. I love the country style living of N.Louisiana, it's a great change of pace. Both has it's good and bad things. I

But don't get it twisted. Without New Orleans....Louisiana is just an old deep south backwards state. New Orleans makes the Louisiana name known world wide. Louisiana is known worldwide because of New Orleans,

I could care less about the northern part of the state to be honest. I just want NOLA to get 35% of the state budget since it contributes 41%. I did notice no one has touched that one with a ten foot poll. It is no secret, NOLA is the engine that moves the train. I just wish that engine got better service...

You make good points, and state your opinion without being insulting, condescending, or elitist. Big difference.

This thread has turn into a S.Louisiana Vs. N. Louisiana bashing thread. AND people wonder why we are so divided. North Louisiana is completely different from South Louisiana and vice versa. I love the country style living of N.Louisiana, it's a great change of pace. Both has it's good and bad things. I

But don't get it twisted. Without New Orleans....Louisiana is just an old deep south backwards state. New Orleans makes the Louisiana name known world wide. Louisiana is known worldwide because of New Orleans,

:plus-un2:

I agree, and regret the threadjack. I am usually a fairly restrained poster, but I couldn't let it go. Sorry.

YES, New Orleans is moving this whole train. New Orleans puts more in the pie, so it should also take away the most from the pie.

Take New Orleans away from Louisiana and what do you get?

Just another deep south state.

and for my conservative thinking folks, if NOLA got 35% of the budget, in theory, it would grow and contribute more to the budget. The value of that 6% would grow every year and NOLA would become the "pearl of the south" again. So we all win if NOLA (greater metro area) gets 35% of the budget. Write your congressman and let's get this show in the road.

SUPPORT NOLA OR DIE!!!

No one touches it because it's a simple fact of life and it's not going to change. You might as well complain about the humidity. The best thing the citizens of NOLA could do is hold their own people accountable and stop wishing for something that will never happen, placing their problems on other regions of the state. Chances are that if you gave the city 100% of the money it generated, the results would be the same only there would be a larger gap between the richest and poorest citizens of the city. You earn more, you waste more.

Look no further than the Charlie-Foxtrot of a blown opportunity post-Katrina. I have heard more empty promises given from NOLA local leaders or wasted opportunities since Katrina. If NOLA was ever going to turn it around, that was it. I hate that so many good people who know better are getting caught up in such B.S., but they're the only ones that can turn it around. Asking for more money isn't going to fix anything when you have the same bunch of yahoos mismanaging the money you already have.

I am certainly interest in any articles supporting your accusations of unfairness if a discussion is what you want.

I don't know where all of this money is being spent in North LA anyway. I spent the first 30 years of my life there and I never saw it. Our leaders there spend more time in Washington begging for money than in Baton Rouge. The far NE portions are the poorest areas in the country, with the central NE areas being among the most wealthiest who work to ensure they remain the "big fish in the little pond". All of the infrastructure is substandard and the schools are funded with local property taxes as far as I know.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom