Jordan Love vs Ian Book (1 Viewer)

zeke187

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Ian Books stats thru 2 games: 31/50 234 yds (62%) 1 TD 2 INT) EDIT: thru 3 games 42/65 315 yds (64%) 2 TD 2 INT

1st round Backup QB vs 4th round #3 QB

Not defending Book's play on the field, just trying to bring a little perspective.

Last edited:
Love didn’t look great…but I’m not sure how that builds up Book. I actually watched the game…can’t pull the wool over my eyes. If the Saints wanted a guy who can hand the ball off, run for their life, fumble, and throw the ball to the other team…just pull someone out of the Superdome stands if they need an emergency #3 QB. No need to waste a valuable roster spot.

I didn’t see the OP’s post as an attempt to defend Book but more to show how unpredictable the draft can be. I was unimpressed with Love’s play against us but also surprised that he hasn’t been playing much better than our struggling, fourth rounder and #4 QB option.

Love didn’t look great…but I’m not sure how that builds up Book. I actually watched the game…can’t pull the wool over my eyes. If the Saints wanted a guy who can hand the ball off, run for their life, fumble, and throw the ball to the other team…just pull someone out of the Superdome stands if they need an emergency #3 QB. No need to waste a valuable roster spot.
If I'm making $50,000+ to go out there, I'll gladly let 300lb+ men fall on top of me for four quarters. Hell, I'd do it for $10,000.

My honest opinion, Love will not be a viable option at QB for GB. He just doesn’t have it. Mark my words. This is not like the Farve/Rodgers situation. Sure Farve held on for a while, but the Packers knew they had a stud waiting. The same can’t be said for Love.

Yeah I would. The future money I can make writing a book and having a movie made out of my experience…..sign me up.
Yep. Done before and quite successfully. Time for a reboot and you're just the guy to do it. (Bet this was exactly what you ere refering to.)

plion.jpg

plion movie.jpg

I
My honest opinion, Love will not be a viable option at QB for GB. He just doesn’t have it. Mark my words. This is not like the Farve/Rodgers situation. Sure Farve held on for a while, but the Packers knew they had a stud waiting. The same can’t be said for Love.
I think I agree with this assessment.

It almost feels like the pick was made, in part, to leverage the contract negotiations with Rodgers. Although I suspect that backfired, given what Love has shown to date.

If I'm making $50,000+ to go out there, I'll gladly let 300lb+ men fall on top of me for four quarters. Hell, I'd do it for $10,000.
I'd play one game for free unlimited Dome Beer for the season. That's probably about $10K, but I want beer in the 4th quarter included and an Uber ride home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom