Josh Rosen (1 Viewer)

I liked him last year as a pickup, but I'm pretty well convinced now that he's got issues that can't be overcome. He's not a leader at all and that's a huge aspect for a franchise QB.

We don't have a 7th, but I would gladly send Miami a 5th or a 6th for him. They'd likely want more than that for him though. A 3rd or 4th I'd have some reservations... but would still do it. Unless of course there's a QB on our FO's draft board they like.

We need a back up this year and maybe just maybe next year. But a back up with a first round pedigree would be ideal. I don't know enough about him as a player, but since Arizona ate all his signing bonus... He'd be a very cheap experiment with tremendous upside.

I would be worried though if Miami was willing to let him go. Even if they plan to draft Tua, they have to see the same upside in Rosen that we're discussing. If they don't see it, well... that's a knock in itself since he's been on their team for a full season now.

We don't have a 7th, but I would gladly send Miami a 5th or a 6th for him. They'd likely want more than that for him though. A 3rd or 4th I'd have some reservations... but would still do it. Unless of course there's a QB on our FO's draft board they like.

We need a back up this year and maybe just maybe next year. But a back up with a first round pedigree would be ideal. I don't know enough about him as a player, but since Arizona ate all his signing bonus... He'd be a very cheap experiment with tremendous upside.

I would be worried though if Miami was willing to let him go. Even if they plan to draft Tua, they have to see the same upside in Rosen that we're discussing. If they don't see it, well... that's a knock in itself since he's been on their team for a full season now.

I don´t know if they can afford having a qb room with a former first round pick that´s only in his third year and hasn´t had a fair shot at proving his worth, and a rookie first rounder.

I personally would love to see the Saints send a 6th or 7th round pick to Miami for Josh Rosen. I would love to see him learn under Payton and grow - this would give us Josh and Taysom going forward. I'm not terribly interested in Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, or Jameis Winston. I guess a mid round pick on a QB is very possible, but this just seems to make sense.

What do you guys think?
I think this is excellent idea.

You've got a shot at revitalizing his career and learn under the greatest of all time. Learn what it takes to be great.

Miami gave up a 2nd last year and they are giving up a 5th this year for Rosen. So my guess is it would cost us at least a 4th round pick. I think the deal would only get done after Miami gets their QB in the first round.

We gave up a 3rd for Bridgewater, would we do the same for Rosen?

I'd have no problem giving a conditional 6th or 7th round choice for him that could rise to a 3rd depending on playing time in 2020.

Kid can't be worse than Grayson. At least he has started regular season games and thrown TDs in the NFL.

If Drew goes down, i don't believe Taysom can go 5-0... I don't think Taysom would do better than 2-3. Everyone hopes the back up can go .500; but unless we are in the mix for post season, i'd rather be woeful without Drew and go 3-13 than scratch to 7-9 or 6-10 or 8-8 --- some finish that at best gets you that new 7th seed and at worst leaves you picking in the 7 to 16th position in the draft. Simply, if Drew gets hurt, i want the Saints to be in close proximity to picking 1st overall.

So with that said, why waste signficant resources this year on a capable back-up? Invest that money in OL, DB, WR, or other needs that can contribute every game. Grab someone like Rosen who allows you to use Taysom as you've been using him, but for goodness sake, evolve his plays so its not the same tired stuff defenses have seen the last 3 years and know how to adequately defend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom