Junior Galette - what a guy! (2 Viewers)

I get it, but it still means he is either speeding through school zones or speeding through red traffic lights. Let's be honest here. Anyone who racks up 113 unpaid traffic cam tickets is not going a couple of mph over the limit. He's clearly driving like a reckless a-hole. I hope he doesn't injure someone.
I definitely agree with that. F him, and those cameras.

Funk dem cameras...I got one in front of Holy Cross where the camera and sensor is before the sign...meaning at the moment you get to it, you have to be at 20...not on the way down to 20.

But here's the funny part, the camera is 2 blocks before the drop off point and once you pass the sign...the sign blocks the camera so you can go as fast as you want once you pass the sign.

Public safety my backside

Funk dem cameras...I got one in front of Holy Cross where the camera and sensor is before the sign...meaning at the moment you get to it, you have to be at 20...not on the way down to 20.

But here's the funny part, the camera is 2 blocks before the drop off point and once you pass the sign...the sign blocks the camera so you can go as fast as you want once you pass the sign.

Public safety my backside
Hopefully folks realize they don't care about safety. It's always about the money. lol

Man, I got a ticket for going 3 miles over the school zone limit less than a minute before it went to the regular speed limit. And they said I couldn't contest it.

Screw those cameras, whoever decided to implement them, whoever invented them, and everyone they love...

If you really want a bee in your bonnet....those cameras are mostly owned by private corporations. They do not give the revenue to the cities they operate in. Studies have shown zero affect on public safety....they are just basically a scam to take money from us with zero benefit to the public.

#standwithJunior

Man, I got a ticket for going 3 miles over the school zone limit less than a minute before it went to the regular speed limit. And they said I couldn't contest it.

Screw those cameras, whoever decided to implement them, whoever invented them, and everyone they love...
Exactly, it’s trash.

I’m all for ticketing gross negligent speeding but it’s always been clear from day one that those cameras sole responsibility was to generate revenue.
I get it, but it still means he is either speeding through school zones or speeding through red traffic lights. Let's be honest here. Anyone who racks up 113 unpaid traffic cam tickets is not going a couple of mph over the limit. He's clearly driving like a reckless a-hole. I hope he doesn't injure someone.
113 is excessive, but as others have pointed out, traffic cameras don’t account for the situation. Whether it’s 1 mph over or 1 minute before a school zone ends, even if all school traffic has cleared out; doesn’t matter.

How many times do you see school zone lights flashing on a weekend, during summer time, or even on holidays when school isn’t in session? I see it frequently. Those traffic cameras will issue tickets all the same.
How is it theft if if committed the crime? (yes a traffic violation is a crime).
It’s theft because traffic cameras simply aren’t constitutional, period.

That’s why they’re thrown out often. They’re unregulated and cannot prove who is the driver of the vehicle at the moment the ticket is issued, only who the registered owner of the vehicle is.

It’s an automated revenue stream. If the city is that hard up for money then put officers out there issuing tickets at that moment, not mailing them out months after the offense where even the owner of the vehicle won’t even remember if they, a spouse, family member, ect were driving that moment.
Hopefully folks realize they don't care about safety. It's always about the money. lol
Facts. Always has been, always will be.

How is it theft if if committed the crime? (yes a traffic violation is a crime). The saints should have required him to pay back the signing bonus when they voided is contract AND refused to pay the 1st year salary. Screw that BUTT HOLE!

Actually, traffic camera tickets aren't crimes and they aren't traffic violations. They can't be because the Orleans Parish Charter won't allow a non-governmental entity give those. So, since these "tickets" are given out by a for profit private company, all they can be are civil fines. That's also why they are essentially unenforceable. You can not be held in contempt or have a warrant issued for your arrest for not paying them. All they can do is ding your credit report.

And, while 113 does make it seem likely that this guy is being an arse, many people get unwarranted tickets. I've gotten one for 3 MPH over the speed limit in a school zone. Except, it was summer and no schools were in session and there isn't a school within several miles of where I got the ticket. The school that the zone was there for closed many years prior but they kept the camera running and kept giving tickets.

113 is excessive, but as others have pointed out, traffic cameras don’t account for the situation. Whether it’s 1 mph over or 1 minute before a school zone ends, even if all school traffic has cleared out; doesn’t matter.

Yep, and I'm not saying you are wrong. But don't gloss over 113 unpaid tickets like the guy was following all the rules of the road and somehow got wrongfully entrapped. I don't have to tell you Galette's history. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

How many times do you see school zone lights flashing on a weekend, during summer time, or even on holidays when school isn’t in session? I see it frequently. Those traffic cameras will issue tickets all the same.

Plenty of times, and yet somehow I haven't been ticketed in years.

Article today on Fox 8's web site about unpaid traffic cam tickets. Fox 8 contacted Galette whose name appears in the records of unpaid violators and here's his response. LINK TO STORY

:ROFLMAO:
The city of New Orleans can go kick rocks waiting for the fruits of their ill gotten gains (Paid ticket fines). Even if the city would get that money it would end up in politicians pockets like it always does.

Yep, and I'm not saying you are wrong. But don't gloss over 113 unpaid tickets like the guy was following all the rules of the road and somehow got wrongfully entrapped. I don't have to tell you Galette's history. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Plenty of times, and yet somehow I haven't been ticketed in years.
I do feel dirty siding with him but at the same time, it's less dirty than I'd feel siding with the city government on that issue. :hihi:

And exactly, it's selective "enforcement". Not exactly fair.

Wow, i didnt know those were a thing still. They had red light cameras for a while in Austin but got rid of those.

When someone is a self professed "habitual speeder", they're intentionally putting their own convenience over the safety of themselves, their passengers, and other motorists.

Here in NY, if you haven't paid your ticket in 6 months, they suspend your license. And driving on a suspended license is "aggravated operation", and you don't want THOSE costs "with the extra insurance rates and fines too. That's REAL expensive.
Nothing normal about NY, I am against the cameras. We are losing freedoms.

I always thought that there should be an extra lane added to a freeway which would operate as an Autobahn type road, where the driver could drive as fast as they want (above 90 mph). I’d be willing to pay to use that lane as I would pay to use the expressway or a toll road.
Donte' that you?

If it's so dangerous they can pay for a cop to be put there to write tickets. Traffic cameras are dystopian. Good on Galette for giving them the respect they deserve, and I hate Galette.

Good for Junior....

I don't pay that BS scam stuff either... But then again, it's was my wife and it was only one... :happy0005:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom