Saints Kay Adams: “Saints are still my team. Don’t sleep on them!” (1 Viewer)

That graphic does seem to be missing another useful stat from those 5 games: Opponent WLT 34-51.
Funny thing is that if KC would have won those 4 games and outscored their opponent 123-42 everyone would be hailing their praises, but not us. Also Miami beat ONE team with a winning record, we beat TWO , but no body is harping about the Dolphins weak schedule

I went to the Rams game. We were utterly embarassed and never had a real chance. Allen made some questionable decisions and was over aggressive. Saints straight looked like trash out there. It was a waste of money to attend and the Saints looked downright pitiful.
Never seen DA look so desperate, some of those 4th down and even 3rd down plays reeked of desperation. Now, if it weren't on a short week traveling across the country and the injuries that we had, would he have changed his game plan? Maybe. I'll give him an out. I've seen SP play that way before and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. DA is not a risk taker but in that game he tried to use the SP model and it failed. Not gonna hate on him for not punting every time or kicking long field goals, because he knew TDs were the only way you beat a hot team at home on a short week.

Never seen DA look so desperate, some of those 4th down and even 3rd down plays reeked of desperation. Now, if it weren't on a short week traveling across the country and the injuries that we had, would he have changed his game plan? Maybe. I'll give him an out. I've seen SP play that way before and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. DA is not a risk taker but in that game he tried to use the SP model and it failed. Not gonna hate on him for not punting every time or kicking long field goals, because he knew TDs were the only way you beat a hot team at home on a short week.
That's the thing about DA that has me leaning toward him not being qualified to be a head coach in the NFL. For example, before the half in the Rams game we were down by 3 points with 1 minute left in the 2nd half. On 4th and 5, rather than punting it backing the Rams well into their own territory he put all the pressure on the offense to get a 1st down. What's crazy is that Carr threw a pass to Juwan Johnson that he didn't even see coming. As a strategist, DA put all the pressure on his team and no pressure on the Rams. Saints failed to convert the 4th and 5, the Rams got the ball and scored a touch down with less than a minute on the clock. It was a total sham. DA simply doesn't know how to play chess and shouldn't be strategizing.

Kay Adams (next week): "The Bengals are still my team. Don't sleep on them."

Kay Adams (the week after that): "The Bears are still my team. Don't sleep on them."
If you know anything about Kay Adams you’d know that if the Saints popped the question — regardless of any of those other teams, she’s saying yes. 😀

That's the thing about DA that has me leaning toward him not being qualified to be a head coach in the NFL. For example, before the half in the Rams game we were down by 3 points with 1 minute left in the 2nd half. On 4th and 5, rather than punting it backing the Rams well into their own territory he put all the pressure on the offense to get a 1st down. What's crazy is that Carr threw a pass to Juwan Johnson that he didn't even see coming. As a strategist, DA put all the pressure on his team and no pressure on the Rams. Saints failed to convert the 4th and 5, the Rams got the ball and scored a touch down with less than a minute on the clock. It was a total sham. DA simply doesn't know how to play chess and shouldn't be strategizing.
I think that's a bad example. The Rams had been pretty much moving the ball at will. After they punted we had a couple good plays even though Olave could have gotten more but chose to fall to the ground. We would not even had a 4th down if Olave would have caught the ball that was in his hands for a 1st ( once again he was falling to the ground) With the way the Rams were moving the ball It was maybe not such a bad decision. You get the 1st run out most of the clock and at least get 3. JJ was really late out of his break or he would have seen the ball. Not sure if that's a great example of why DA is not a qualified HC

Funny thing is that if KC would have won those 4 games and outscored their opponent 123-42 everyone would be hailing their praises, but not us. Also Miami beat ONE team with a winning record, we beat TWO , but no body is harping about the Dolphins weak schedule
1.) KC has been the standard of excellence for a good while now. They have earned the right to not be questioned about things.

2.) Miami most certainly was harped on for not beating winning teams. It was mentioned many times during the broadcasting of their games. Especially in their playoff matchup against KC.

Broke this one out from Andrus’ daily compilation (…which many of us already appreciate)!

Gotta love Kay Adams! In this short clip she explains WHY she’s still bullish on the Black & Gold! Good answers too!

:gosaints:

IMG_4104.jpeg

Thanks for sharing

This from your post might be an answer to your question.

It's possible that there was an improvement in the offense, DA recognized it, but still decided after the season was over that the first 12 games and last season warranted changes to the offensive staff.

The late season improvement was a combination of better offensive play and the quality of opponents. It wasn't one or the other, it was both.
So why did we fire our offensive coordinator?

Because he apparently didn’t want the job to begin with?
Agreed he never wanted the job (another thing that folks went in on some of us about mentioning a while back) but if we were "improving" like what's being claimed, then why blow it all up to start anew, basically nulling out all of the alleged progress being made.

Stories seem to shift in hindsight and "we" (and the FO) have the tendency to lie to ourselves to believe that the new narrative was the truth all along.

That graphic does seem to be missing another useful stat from those 5 games: Opponent WLT 34-51.
Even the opponents total win/loss total is bad for the entire season. It wasn't just those 5 games. Either way, between Pete and Dennis, it showed why we lost. The team just didn't have direction nor confidence in the plays being called.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom