Kirkwood NOT coming back this year (1 Viewer)

Has any player that produced so little ever generated this much angst with fans as Kirkwood? I like him as much as any other Who Dat, but the dude has 13 career catches. I'm not sure he would have been the savior everyone hoped for.

Having said that, I hope he comes back healthy next year, has a breakout season, and makes me eat crow.

I never understood why a lot of fans thought he was going to be better than TQS and Ginn. At least TQS had that big game against the Eagles last year to make you hope for him to breakout.

Everybody talking like we never tried to address the number 2 spot.

We brought in Cam Meredith and drafted TQS last year. Ginn was still playing well overall. The Saints came into the 2019 off season hoping that Cam would be that guy along with young TQS. Obviously Cam didn't work out during pre season. You still had Ginn and TQS. Not counting us bringing in Cook and we already have AK. Pretty sure they went after Sanders and AJ Green. The Saints just don't have the draft capital to really go after that elite number 2.

I’m really bummed about the bad news for Kirky. I realize he isn’t some world-beater WR that was going to set the league on fire, but he at least provided some hope that he could at least give the Saints another WR that might be able to generate a target or 2.
The Saints will now move on with what they have... and that’s 1 elite WR and then TEs, RBs, and a 3rd strong QB as their receiver options.

This decision shows his value to the offense and how much coach believes he can contribute. About as much as any of us unfortunately. :cry:

I hate to say it but we might need to spend a 1st pick on a WR or move up to grab someone sliding. Whatever mojo we had with finding late round picks like Colstone or Moore has disappeared. I'd rather draft a LB or lineman but we really need a reliable 2. TQS us is like Devery before Sean got here.

I just think either the hamstring issue was incredibly severe (not likely) or that the team views Kirkwood as an end of the 53 player, and roster spots are at a premium right now (likely).

Lots of injuries, extra LB and OL backups. If Thomas gets covered (not likely), there's always Cook, Hill, Smith, Hogan, and Harris. And Ginn, I forgot Ginn... or did I?

I’m really bummed about the bad news for Kirky. I realize he isn’t some world-beater WR that was going to set the league on fire, but he at least provided some hope that he could at least give the Saints another WR that might be able to generate a target or 2.
The Saints will now move on with what they have... and that’s 1 elite WR and then TEs, RBs, and a 3rd strong QB as their receiver options.

AK isnt just an RB. I think we've had this discussion if I'm not mistaken

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom