Lambeau Field Experience (1 Viewer)

For a different perspective, some of my early years were spent at Connie Mack Stadium. My parents lived north of the city, so it was conveniently located for us and later for high schoolers. No great nostalgia. It was a dump even from the view of a high school kid who couldn't care less about decor and amenities.

When I heard about fans trashing the place after the last game, my first thought was that it was an appropriate response. My good memories of the place entirely reside in going there with my father and later with high school friends and smoking vile plastic tipped cigars. And, of course, drunken fans reviling the perennial losing Phillies.

I guess old stadiums can be atmospheric. After all I'm living in a house filled with antiques and love classic cars. But you have to maintain old stuff or it's very uncool. Connie Mack Stadium was most definitely uncool. It appears that Lambeau, Fenway, and the like are cool.

Would of thought for sure GB would have lots of good food. Food is definitely the most important part of any trip. I could go on a trip to paradise but if the food is subpar im very disappointed. If i go to a crummy place but food is excellent im in heaven then.
We are spoiled when it comes to food. In Nola and surrounding areas,we can walk into a local deli and get food that's on
par with 4-5 star restaurants anywhere in the world.

My dad was born and lived in Waukesha until he went to Miss St. to train to be a pilot (then wound up in the Army with the ground forces, as his vision wasn't up to par and they had enough pilots). So GB was always our second team after the Saints growing up.

One of my regrets (not really huge as my boys were playing travel soccer and I was pretty invested in that) is missing the trip that my friends took to see the GB Saints opener back in 2010. They said folks were constantly feeding them beers/brats/curd fries in the stadium parking lot and they didn't get into the stadium until late in the 1st quarter. They couldn't believe how warm and friendly the GB fans were....I loved hearing that....
That was my first experience of Lambeau that year. It was great.

The Superdome is louder. And it has nothing to do with the Superdome being a domed stadium. At the end of the Lambeau Stadium tour, which is excellent and highly recommended, you are brought to the field and asked to yell "Go Packers". It is amazing how loud our group of 15 or so was because of the acoustics. But during the game Sunday, I did not see many around me yelling when Seattle had the ball. Let me add, however, that most of the time people were standing and were trying to stay warm.

I am not a fan of bleacher seating, so I prefer the Superdome, even with its narrow concourses, over Lambeau as well as Tiger Stadium. But with Lambeau, the atmosphere, the history, and the warmth of the fans do stand out.

The irony that you say that and I agree. Here in Round Rock, TX we literally have a Culvers and Chik-Fil-A next to one another. Chik-Fil-A still wins hands down for longer lines in the drive thru lanes, but Culvers isn't far behind. The pot roast sandwich with horseradish is the bomb!
Love the Pot Roast sandwich. They have them around the Houston area while I lived there, they came down. Closest one to me now is in Alabama. I hope we get one close soon.

Next time I go visit my brother in Round Rock I will have to introduce him to it.

We went for LSU/Wisconsin...pretty cool experience. We drove in from Chicago and parked in someones front yard for $20 just 4 blocks down from stadium, and they had a party goin on

AND WAAAAAAAAAAAAY WARMER

i gorged myself on brats and curds tho.

Agree on all else - the folks up there are SUPER friendly PRE GAME. ;)
Went to this game as well. Great experience.

Hung out with this fireman dude from a couple of Seasons of Survivor. Went to Wrigley the day before. Of course, I had to attempt to re create Steve Bartman since I found the exact seat after the game.

Attachments

• 20160903_142916.jpg
    20160903_142916.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20160902_160757.jpg
    20160902_160757.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom